Firefighter ParamedicCity of Lee's Summit
September 22, 2017
Firefighter Paramedics are required to work a Berkley schedule with a starting salary of $43,626 for licensed Paramedics upon attaining department certification. The department offers an excellent benefit package including employer paid health, dental, and life insurance in addition to Lagers L-6 retirement plan. Additional information and a complete description of the benefit package may be viewed online at www.cityofls.net/Fire.
The City of Lee’s Summit Fire Department is seeking highly motivated and qualified applicants to fill current openings for the position of Firefighter Paramedic. The Lee’s Summit Fire Department is committed to retaining a diverse, progressive, and competitive workforce to provide exceptional service to the citizens and visitors of Lee’s Summit. The department is accredited by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International and is an ISO Class 2 department providing Fire Protection and EMS service to the 6th largest city in Missouri with a population of greater than 95,000.
- High school diploma or certificate of equivalency
- 18 years of age at time of application
- Valid state driver’s license with good driving record
- Good physical condition as generally outlined in NFPA 1582 – “Medical Requirements for Firefighters”
- Candidate Physical Ability Test Certification within previous 12 months
- MO State EMT-P License or NR-EMT-P License
*Firefighter I and II Certification with Missouri Division of Fire Safety or eligible for reciprocity
*Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations Certification with Missouri Division of Fire Safety or eligible for reciprocity
* Successful Completion of training with Certification for Fire Fighter I, II, First Responder Awareness, and Operations through Missouri Division of Fire Safety within 6 months from date of hire are required.
Qualified applicants will be required to participate in a hiring process which includes Ergometrics Fire Team test and a formal interview process. Successful candidates may then be offered employment and will be required to successfully pass a medical exam, drug screen, and background check. Accommodations may be made during the interview process for those individuals outside of the Kansas City Metropolitan area to limit travel.