Regional Delivery DriverUNFI
Driver (CDL Driver / Truck Driver)
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
United Natural Foods, Inc.
At United Natural Foods (UNFI), we know people thrive when they can do what they enjoy. We take our mission of discovering top talent and serving our associates seriously. That's why we hire the brightest and most passionate individuals. Our goal is to keep you fulfilled, happy, and continually learning.
UNFI is seeking motivated individuals to fill our CDL - Class A Truck Drivers careers. Our Iowa City location is currently recruiting drivers for our depot in the Kansas City area.
If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today. Our Truck Drivers are responsible for delivering products to customers, loading and unloading the truck in a safe and timely manner according to UNFI procedures, minimizing delays and reporting problems, and picking up supplies and back-hauls from vendors.
UNFI takes great care of our employees, so we want our benefits to work for you!
- GREAT HOME TIME!!!
- $20.25/hr to start. $20.75/hr at 6 months. $21.25/hr at 1yr. $22.25/hr at 2yrs. $23.25/hr at 3yrs. $24.25/hr at 4yrs. $25.50/hr at 5yrs.
- Mostly day routes, but some layovers are necessary
- Average 40 to 46 hours per week
- Excellent benefits and safety bonuses
Call Brad at 319-337-6448 (ext. 21115) for more details.
- Health and Wellness:
- Comprehensive Medical insurance coverage with prescription drug coverage
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Healthcare Spending Accounts with convenient debit car
- Income Protection:
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Work Life Balance:
- Healthy Food Purchasing Discount Program
- Wellness Portal
- Hybrid Vehicle Incentive Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company / Family Events
- Company volunteer opportunities
- Recognition Program
- Estate Guidance
- Travel Assistance
- Associate Relief Fund
- Corporate Giving:
- Hunger: improving access to nutritious food for at-risk communities
- Environment: supporting local preservation, conservation & restoration
- Agriculture: supporting organic local agriculture & organic farming practices
- Required Skills
CDL - Class A Truck Driver
The essential functions and basic duties of the CDL Driver are to perform pre and post trip inspection of their vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures. As a Delivery Driver, you are also responsible for reviewing paperwork for completeness and accuracy, checking orders for correct number of boxes, correcting addresses and support documentation, completing time cards, entering trip data into on-board computer, and completing paper logs if necessary.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
Additional functions include:
- Complying with FMCSA regulations
- Delivering and unloading products utilizing equipment, including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars, and other devices which assist delivery
- Operating vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations, and complaints from the public
- Reporting any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager/Department
- Keeping vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure; reporting any defects promptly using DCVR form
- Picking up supplies and back hauls from vendors while completing related paperwork
- Addressing and resolving customer problems as appropriate
- Ensuring customer orders arrive in quality condition and correspond precisely to the initial order
- Communicating professionally with customers and vendors
CDL-Class A Truck Driver
As a Delivery Driver, you must have solid understanding of receiving and shipping functions and display good time management, computer, and math skills. It is also important that you have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Our successful drivers require specific certifications, knowledge, and experience as outlined below:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Driver’s License (Class A and CDL Drivers require respective licensing)
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) law and mandates and understanding of UNFI’s safety standards
Must be at least 21 years of age and have a minimum of 1 year verifiable tractor trailer driving experience.
System implementation experience is preferred.
CDL - Class A Truck Driver
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
"We are committed to hiring military and veteran associates to help us remain true to our basic beliefs of integrity, leadership and responsibility. The training, experiences and education they have received are second to none."
Steven L. Spinner, President and CEO
- Required Experience
- Job Location
- Kansas City, Missouri, United States
- Position Type