Licensed Boiler Operators- Full and PT positions availableWhiteman Air Force Base
Seeking Licensed Boiler Operators for private company operating and maintaining the central heat plant on Whiteman AFB, Mo.
Full time and part time positions available.
The plant operates with single person shifts so the operator must have initiative and be able to work independently
The CHP has five (5) water tube boilers capable of producing 200,000 MBTU per hour. Plant
operation is 24 hours per day 365/366 days per year. The CHP supplies steam to 61 buildings
through a steam and condensate return system approximately 7 miles. The boilers primary fuel is gas
with back up of diesel fuel oil #2.
Operation of the plant includes the safe start-up, monitor, control, and shutdown of equipment for
the efficient, economical, and environmental compliant production and distribution of steam and
condensate, meeting the thermal demands and availability requirements of the Government at the
lowest costs. Operation and maintenance of the CHP includes all inspections and maintenance of all
primary and ancillary heat plant equipment, systems, and subsystems including those used in the
maintenance of these systems.
The CHP is operated and maintained via Emerson’s DeltaV instrumentation and control computer
system. The system operates boilers, monitors boilers, maintains boiler efficiently, and controls
boiler start-up/shut down. The system also controls and monitors key support equipment.
Candidate must meet the minimum following requirements:
1. Stationary High Pressure Steam Engineer First-Class, or Stationary High Pressure Steam Engineer 2nd Class.
2. 3-5 years’ experience with high pressure boilers
3. 1 or more years’ experience with boiler control systems.
4. 3-5 years’ experience of water treatment corrosion control.
5. Must be able to lift 50lbs of weight and be willing to enter boilers and drums for cleaning and maintenance purposes.
6. Must be able to climb up and down ladders
Pay 25.16 per hour plus 4.27 per hour Fringe Benefit
10 paid holidays per year
Send resume’ and phone number to:
or Fax- (660) 563-5510