Mechanical AssemblerWabash National
Mechanical Assembler (1st Shift)
$15.42 Starting, $17.17 After 1 Year $21.05 Top Level UAW Local Union No. 710
Current Overtime Opportunities: 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, some Saturdays. Wabash National offers a full package of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and quarterly bonuses.
Position Description: Wabash National (Garsite and Progress Tank) is a producer of refueling and vacuum equipment that require large fuel tanks, pumping systems and control packages to be installed on chassis provided by International, Ford, Freightliner and others.
Classifications and Responsibilities:
- Entry Level
- Must be capable of learning how to:
- Install major fuel system components and product tank.
- Install electrical and control components
- Fabricate minor brackets and supports
- Operate oxygen-acetylene cutting equipment
- Read engineering drawings
- In addition to Entry Level skills
- Capable of building a complete unit with little or no direction
- Strong understanding and proficiency of all functional systems
- Capable of installing Power Take Offs (PTOs) and checking back lash
- Top level
- In addition to Mid-level skills
- Expertise in performance testing of a completed unit and troubleshooting all functional systems for potential problems
- Ability to set up and test units on test stand
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates ability to read, interpret and apply blueprints and procedures
- Good verbal communications skills
- Basic set of tools and tool box must be provided by employee.
Job specific tools are provided by the Company. Behavioral Competencies: Good communication skills, ability to accurately follow directions, and demonstrate strong problem solving skills. The employee must exhibit safe work habits and maintain compliance with all corporate and/or plant policies, rules, procedures, and regulations.
Work Conditions / Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions if it does not create an undue hardship on the operation. An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention.
Strict adherence to Corporate and/or Plant policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.