Physicians, Registered Nurse, Medical Instrument Technologist, Practical Nurse, Radiology
Start a career and MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
SERVE TOSE WHO HAVE SERVED OUR COUNTRY
- Physicians - All Specialties
- Registered Nurses
- Advanced Practice Nurse
- Cardiology • Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL)
- Critical Care (MICU, SICU, PACU, PCU)
- Emergency Department
- Medical-Surgical (3W, 5W, 8W, 8E)
- Mental Health
- Operating Room
- Mental Heath – All Occupations
- Housekeeping Aid
- Medical Instrument Technologist (Cardiology)
- Medical Instrument Technologist (Diagnostic Ultrasound)
- Medical Instrument Technologist (Gastroenterology Technology)
- Medical Records Technician (Coder)
- Medical Supply Technician (Sterile Processing)
- Medical Technologist
- Police Officer
- Specialty Licensed Practical Nurse
VA has ranked among the top employers on Forbes 2020 Best Places to Work Survey in 17 states, including Missouri, and is featured on the Forbes 2020 Best Employer for New Graduates list. KCVAMC is one of 1,200 VA healthcare locations across the country with more than 350,000 employees who hold more than 300 clinical and non-clinical occupations, roughly one-third of whom are Veterans.
- VA employees can choose from a variety of high-quality health care and life insurance options, as well as flexible spending accounts.
- Employees receive generous vacation and personal leave, including 13 sick days, 10 paid federal holidays, and up to 26 paid days off.
- VA employees enjoy predictable, flexible schedules with guaranteed shifts that accommodate their specific needs and lifestyles.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) and Thrift Savings Plan (TSP).
- Many VA facilities have fitness centers on site.
Work life balance. Up to 49 days off depending on your position. VA encourages you to enjoy life and get more out of your “me” time.