Senior Director of OperationsUniversity of Missouri Extension
MU Extension's distinct land-grant mission is to improve lives, communities and economies by producing relevant, reliable and responsive educational strategies throughout Missouri.
Our dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and staff collaborate with researchers and community leaders to develop and deliver programs that address needs of Missourians including:
• educational attainment
• environmental concerns
• community, economic, business and workforce development
• global food systems and
• health systems
For more information about MU Extension please visit http://extension.missouri.edu.
This position manages a program which provides technology upgrades of e-commerce, e-marketing, online learning and event management platforms to enhance engagement activities with the 6 million Missourians statewide and beyond.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to any or all of the following:
• program development and administration
• budget development and management
• program assessment and responsibility for delivery
• executive communications
• serving as a liaison with internal and external constituencies
• direct staff leadership and supervision coupled with matrix management of internal support and external vendor companies.
• Manages the simultaneous deployment and integration of 4 commercial off the shelf software packages while enabling financial payment processing through university PeopleSoft platforms.
• Simultaneously manages multiple complex project deployments taking place across extension, the Columbia campus and system wide stakeholder groups.
• Continual tracking and oversight of 500 - 1,000 open project tasks.
• Provides technical guidance to senior executives, employees, colleagues and stakeholders statewide.
• Serves as the subject matter expert on all aspects of the program and the capabilities of the software to be deployed.
• Guides and assists executives and managers outside of extension who may leverage the software.
• Serves as the main point of contact for all program related matters, serves as a technical mentor to team members while translating highly complex technical matters to executive audiences.
• Identifies and solves highly technical and operational problems as they arise.
• Vendor management of executive relationships, influencing product roadmaps that benefit MU users plus all software stakeholder companies.
• Grow the use of the platforms through relationship building across campus groups cost sharing licensing while dramatically growing cost recovery or new income derivation.
• Professional expectations 10+ years progressive professional experience in operations, IT and planning specializing in project management and systems maintenance/operations.
• In-depth knowledge of industry, standards, technical and marketplace conditions and issues. - 5+ years complex program/project management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, analytical and business case skills including public speaking abilities.
• The incumbent must be able to communicate complex technical plans to senior management for approval.
• Conduct all activities in accordance with the Civil Rights Acts, Title IX, Rehabilitation, Americans with Disabilities Act and local, state and region affirmative action plans.
Other duties and responsibilities will be expected to support the mission and purpose of MU Extension.
• Leadership Received And Exercised
• Incumbent provides leadership with complete autonomy within established program goals and budgets.
• Manages professional employees and/or supervisors.
• Has accountability for the performance and results of a team(s) within own function. GGS MINIMIM QUALIFICATIONS A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 6 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary A masters degree or MBA is preferred
Successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core attributes:
• Effective listening, written and oral communication skills across divergent internal and external client groups.
• Advanced technical skills with an understanding of HTML, CSS, Java script, API interfaces and programming languages.
• Flexibility, resiliency, and the ability to operate with minimal guidance.
• Planning, organizing and implementing a series of highly complex, technical projects which build capabilities over a multi-year timeline.