Functional Systems Analyst SrUniversity Of Kansas Shared Service Center
The Functional Systems Analyst Sr. provides strategic direction and manages the daily operations of the institution’s Talent Development and Equifax Systems. This position performs functional and technical support along with implementation of upgrades for the improvement, enhancement, and on-going maintenance of these systems.
This individual will facilitate systems analysis, configuration, and frequent and detailed dialogues with vendor representatives and university stakeholders.
60% System Administration:
- Responsible for the implementations, technical support services, and upgrades related to Talent Development and Equifax ACA hosted/cloud based systems.
- Monitor and review for integration error reporting for supported systems. Coordinates with campus contacts, HRM staff, IT and vendors to design, modify and trouble-shoot integrations with campus systems/applications.
- Run monthly reports on performance, user activity, user attendance, user certification, and produce reports for management and/or other clients. Designs, configures, produces, and runs reports or system functionality features as needed for HRM staff from supported systems.
- Ensures system testing is executed and user acceptance testing is coordinated with system functional owners, IT staff, and vendors.
- Manages system access, roles, and security, coordinating as needed with IT and HRM staff.
- Manages overall systems calendar, ensuring the availability of adequate internal and external (e.g., IT) resources for completing necessary system testing, updates and installations within appropriate timeframes.
- Will assist in the validation of Talent and Equifax integrations with HR/Pay upgrades.
- Manages relationships with campus departments and stakeholders by providing direction, oversight, support, help-desk problem resolution, and feedback on use of Learning Management and Performance Management systems, and Equifax system as needed.
- Maintains a close partnership with the system vendors and Human Resource Management/Payroll (HR/Pay) System Administration Team on any needed modifications for system integrations.
30% Project Management:
- For Talent Development (Learning and Performance) and Equifax (Affordable Care Act) systems, oversees the administration of multiple projects and initiatives concurrently, working with IT and HRM staff in developing project plans, outlining functional goals and objectives, managing project scope changes, advising departmental leadership on project budget and contract issues, identifying potential project risks and related contingency plans, identifying, requesting and facilitating the availability of required resources.
- Coordinates with system vendors and/or consultants as appropriate.
- Acts as the liaison between functional users and IT project and development staff for talent development integrated systems; establishes and facilitates effective communication between functional and technical staff; communicates information in a manner relevant and appropriate for the subject and audience.
10% Training & Other Duties as Assigned
- This role will work with the training staff to design, develop, deliver, and maintain e-learning solutions including educational videos, self-guided learning, and other online educational content.
- Participates in the development and delivery of system training as requested for HRM or campus staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assure effective supportive of systems for which the employee is responsible.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, workforce administration, information systems, public administration, business, or related field and three years of relevant experience.
- At least two years of project management experience
- At least two years of administrative experience with human resource or business management system.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work effectively with senior administration, faculty, staff, students, and others as demonstrated in application materials and interview.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple activities to meet departmental and university deadlines as established in the selection process.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively as a member of a team as established in the selection process.
- Master’s degree in human resources, workforce administration, information systems, public administration, business, or related field preferred
- 2-5 years of SuccessFactors or cloud based HR business system experience
Contact Information to Applicants
Kathleen Ames-Stratton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Candidate Instruction
Please include a resume and a cover letter addressing how you meet the required qualifications, and the names and contact information to three references with your online application.
First review of applications is Monday, September 24th, 2018 and will continue until a qualified group of applicants is assembled.
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with Experience
Application Review Begins
8 to 5 Monday through Friday
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.