SSC HR CoordinatorUNIVERSITY OF KANSAS SHARED SERVICE CENTER
SSC HR Coordinator
Strong Hall SSC
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
The day-to-day human resource activities in the SSC's will be conducted by SSC HR Coordinators and HR Specialists. These positions will be responsible for working with assigned units, departments and centers and the SSC Managers to perform human resources business activities in an environment of excellent client service. The positions will use knowledge of HR best practices and KU HR systems, policies and processes to perform human resources support functions for the departments, provide departments with accurate and timely information to make decisions, and ensure efficient transaction processing.
The SSC HR Coordinator will provide timely and professional services that support or enhance the instructional, research and service goals of the units served. The SSC HR Coordinator will report to the SSC HR Manager, and will be expected to maintain successful relationships and frequent communication with individuals from academic or research units who request service from the SSC.
60% For each area served, responsible for serving all of the recruiting and position maintenance needs for the units that you are assigned to; including, but are not limited to:
- Manages the recruitment process for faculty, staff employees (regular and temporary) using staffing procedures designed to recruit, hire, and retain a superior workforce for assigned campus units.
- Assists units with development of position descriptions, recruitment plans and associated materials. Facilitates job openings, coordinating search activities including but not limited to posting ad copy, coordinating search committees, review application materials on behalf of hiring departments (if requested), and consults and/or serves on employee selection committees (if requested).
- Assists applicants with questions on application process and status, sends system notification of application outcome to candidates, generates online offer letter, places and tracks background check completion, ensures supporting/organizational documents are attached and monitors recruitment processes to ensure university guidelines are followed. Works with HR Manager to evaluate issues related to the search process. Provides assistance for the resolution of issues and concerns.
- Assists with the processing of all recruitment exceptions (search waivers and personnel actions), coordinates with the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access (IOA) or the University Department of HR.
- Reviews application materials on behalf of hiring departments as requested. May also consult with and/or serve on employee search committees.
- Works with the University Department of HR and International Programs with any visa related issues.
- Processes position maintenance for ongoing appointments (i.e. personnel action forms to adjust funding, FTE, salary, etc.)
- Escalates questions as appropriate to the SSC HR Manager, the University Department of HR and/or the Chair/Director.
20% For each area served, responsible for ensuring a smooth and welcoming onboarding process for the new hires in assigned units; including, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the collection of all onboarding materials from prospective hires.
- Coordinates service access (i.e., computer access) and works with hiring unit to ensure information has been effectively communicated regarding employment details. Works with HR Appointment Specialists to ensure that all materials are keyed appropriately into the system and that the appropriate hourly employees are set up for the corresponding time collection group.
- Supports orientation related services provided to new employees.
20% Other SSC Responsibilities
- Works with the SSC Manager to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans for improving and or providing those support services that enhance the operations of the SSC and the College.
- Provides ad-hoc reports to units served as requested.
- Coordinates with the University Department of HR on the interpretation and communication of human resources policies, procedures, and programs.
- Reviews and recommends changes to department and SSC procedures to ensure compliance with policy; prepares and updates procedural manuals and related instructional materials.
- Serves as a resource to department staff and faculty to ensure compliance with policy.
- Participates in department meetings and events to maintain knowledge of the department and relationship with the faculty and staff.
- Attends regular meetings, training sessions and professional development workshops/seminars to keep current on policies and procedures relevant to position responsibilities, as requested and approved by the SSC HR Manager.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of two years related professional-level work experience OR a high school degree/GED plus a minimum of six years of related professional-level work experience.
- Computer skills in a PC/Windows environment including MS Word and MS Excel as demonstrated by application materials and previous experience.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by application materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field.
- Experience in recruitment (human resources and/or student), human resources, benefits, communication, and/or training at the University of Kansas.
- Experience directly related to providing education or training in subject areas such as human resources, recruitment, affirmative action, equal opportunity.
- Experience using an HR ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning system), e.g. PeopleSoft.
- Informational writing experience with program and training materials through mediums such as the web, social media, brochures, manuals.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, take ownership of the resolution of problems, be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administrative staff and students in a higher education environment.
For full description and to apply please visit us at: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25752&siteid=5541&AReq=15623BR#jobDetails=3896590_5541