Director of Recruitment & Enrollment #26633BR
Director of Recruitment & Enrollment
This position is a 1.0 FTE appointment serving the School Architecture and Design at the University of Kansas. Areas of responsibilities include: school recruitment and enrollment management (75%), architecture and interior architecture admissions (15%) and other (10%). This position will ensure that the recruitment and enrollment targets of the academic programs of the School are achieved. This position requires the ability to independently market and promote the school. Traveling regularly to local, regional and national recruiting events and occasionally to international events and venues will also be required.
Working with the Office of Enrollment Management, the Office of International Affairs, and the Office of Analytics, Institutional Research, & Effectiveness (AIRE), the position develops and implements of a data-informed recruitment and enrollment management strategies aligned with the objectives of the School and the Jayhawk Rising Strategic Plan of the University.
The position oversees international recruitment activities of the School in collaboration with the Office of International Affairs. This position works with prospective international students and parents to provide counseling, advising and other related educational services to assist with the admissions and academic program selection process.
The position is a member of the Dean’s leadership team. The position works with the Associate Deans of the School, the Chairs of the Departments, and the Directors of Academic Programs and collaborates with various campus stakeholders promoting the recruitment and enrollment management strategies of the school. The position serves as the school liaison to and works closely with the Office of Enrollment Management, the Office of International Affairs, and the Office of Analytics, Institutional Research, & Effectiveness (AIRE).
The position supervises the Student Recruiter and the Admissions Coordinator of the School. The Position serves at the pleasure of the Dean and reports to the Dean.
Responsibilities Related to Recruitment and Enrollment of the School (75%)
- Oversees recruitment budgets of the School in coordination with Associate Deans, Student Recruiter, and Director of Co-curricular Activities
- Coordinates with Associate Deans, Chairs, Program Directors, Student Recruiter, Admissions Coordinator, and communication teams, as needed
- to develop and implement recruitment and enrollment management strategies for the school ensuring alignment with Jayhawk Rising
- to develop recruitment goals, plans and strategies for regional, national and international markets supporting all academic programs. The goals will include increasing applicant pools; improving demographic diversity; and improving yields at inquiry, application and enrollment stages
- to prepare printed and digital materials and resources to recruit prospective students
- to develop communication plan for outreach to perspective, applied, and admitted students (includes social media plan, web forms, email templates, and other media, as appropriate)
- to develop travel plans to high schools, colleges and other learning institutions to recruit students
- In coordination with KU Strategic Enrollment Management and the leaders of the School, defines and manages recruitment territories including: communicating regularly with prospective students and families and high school and community college counselors; managing selected correspondence, planning and executing on- and off-campus programs
- Develop and implement data-informed international recruitment strategies, including the generation of reports and metrics used to analyze efforts and inform future strategies, and in-person and virtual activities
- Oversee and participate in direct international recruitment efforts, including communications with prospective international students and families, presentations to prospective student individuals and groups, counselors and representatives
- Coordinate recruitment activities with KU representatives in different countries
- Independently provides counseling and education services to assist prospective students and parents with the admissions and academic program selection
- Provides KU resource information to inquiring schools and agencies
- With the School Recruiter and Director of Co-curricular Activities,
- develops, coordinates and manages admission workshops, receptions, and special recruitment events, including onsite tours for prospective students and parents, Architecture & Design Day, Design Camps, Admitted Student events, Minority and Program Focused Recruitment Events, High School Visits, National Portfolio Days, Junior and Senior Days, College Fairs, and other School and KU Events
- coordinates with the communication team to update School website and develop digital and printed materials for these events
- hires and supervises student ambassadors to help with these events
Responsibilities Related to Architecture Admissions (15%)
- Works with Admissions Coordinator to take regular admission decisions for Architecture and Interior Architecture programs
- Works with the Architecture Student Success Committee to handle all portfolio reviews for advanced placement in Architecture degree programs
- Meets with Change-of-School and Re-Admit students who are interested in applying to Architecture and Interior Architecture; evaluate each student, describe the academic performance requirements they must meet to obtain admission, and help them find classes that will count toward an Architecture or Interior Architecture degree
- In consultation with the Architecture Student Success Committee, makes final admission decisions and course waivers for new, re-admit, change-of-school, and transfer students for Architecture and Interior Architecture degree programs
Other Responsibilities (10%)
- Supervise the Student Recruiter and the Admissions Coordinator of the School
- Serves on committees, as needed
- Participate in and assist with School co-curricular programs and activities
- Performs other duties in support of the mission of the School of Architecture and Design
- Master’s Degree and two years recruitment experience or Bachelor’s Degree and five years recruitment experience in local, national, or international markets.
- At least one year of supervisory experience.
- Prior work experience working with culturally diverse populations, such as international students as demonstrated by application materials and work history.
- Understanding of CRM philosophy as well as familiarity with CRM technologies, such as, Slate.
- Experience working with recruitment agencies.
- Experience collaborating with different levels of leadership, such as education officials, guidance counselors, university and school leadership as demonstrated by application materials and work history.
- Experience with strategic student recruitment including ability to build qualified inquiry pool.
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated interest and capacity in the use of the internet, databases, on-line research and new technologies.
- Knowledge of developing surveys and analyzing data for reporting purposes.
- Proven experience exercising initiative, decision-making and self-discipline.
- Demonstrated effective written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and juggle priorities.
Advertised Salary Range $60,000- $70,000
Application Review Begins 04-Dec-2023
Anticipated Start Date 08-Jan-2024
Primary Campus University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
FLSA Status Administrative
Employee Class U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Work Schedule Monday - Friday, 8-5
Job Family Advising, Career & Student Srv-KUL
Work Location Assignment On-Site
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and is the Title IX coordinator for all KU and KUMC campuses: Associate Vice Chancellor for Civil Rights and Title IX, email@example.com, Room 1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY.