Student Program Coordinator #25215BR
Student Program Coordinator
The Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for managing and implementing a strategy for recruiting qualified undergraduate students across a range of programs in the School of Music. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the Recruitment Coordinator works closely with the staff and faculty, while collaborating with the KU Admissions Office in local/regional recruitment events and data management. The successful candidate must have superior communication and customer service skills, and be able to prioritize work to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
60% External Student Recruitment
- Actively manage a recruitment database working within the University’s admissions system to generate recruitment letters and other correspondence with prospective students and their families.
- Coordinate all prospective student visits to the School of Music in coordination with the KU Visitor’s Center and KU Admissions. (both virtual and in-person)
- Coordinate significant off-campus recruitment activities (state music conferences, ensemble or small group tours, etc.).
- Attend all Jayhawk Days, Senior Days and other university recruitment events on and off campus.
20% Special Recruitment Programs
- Engage in on-campus recruitment activities within the School of Music (e.g., Midwestern Music Camp, Prairie Winds, Collage Concert, and Vespers Concert) by issuing invitations to prospective students and cultivating lists of attendees.
- Travel to regional and national college fairs held at significant music camps and festivals to build relationships with prospective students by highlighting the features, benefits, and outcomes of the School of Music.
- Plan, organize, and execute three on-campus audition days from scheduling of auditions to events during audition weekends.
5% Other duties as assigned
This position is fully on-site at University of Kansas / Murphy Hall Room 452; (785) 864-9751
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of related experience.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite as demonstrated in application materials.
- Experience creating management systems and databases
- Experience working in a music program or in a related field
- Experience working in an admissions or other student service office
- Academic training in the arts, arts administration, public relations, or relevant field
Advertised Salary Range: 36,710 - 44,588; final determination commensurate with experience
Application Review Begins: 30-May-2023
Anticipated Start Date: 05-Jun-2023
Primary Campus: University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Employee Class: U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Work Schedule: M-F, 40 hours per week
Job Family: Advising, Career & Student Srv-KUL
Work Location Assignment: On-Site
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, Room 1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).