Administrative Assistant #24126BR
Job code: 24126BR
The Administrative Assistant of the School of Architecture & Design performs a broad range of duties to ensure the KU School of Architecture & Design functions as efficiently and effectively as possible. The successful incumbent will support faculty, staff, and students to ensure operational activities and requests are acted upon in a timely, accurate, mission driven, and service oriented manner. This role is responsible for running the front office so that faculty and staff members can maximize performance in their core duties. Customer service, diplomacy and discretion are required of a successful candidate as this position is often the point of first contact for guests to the Dean’s Office and sets the tone for professionalism and hospitality. This position is designated as in person and reports to the Associate Dean of Administration of the School of Architecture & Design.
Administrative support - 60%
- Assist with administrative duties of the three Associate Deans and one Assistant Dean of the School.
- Activities may include schedule meetings, send meeting reminders, attend meetings as requested, assist with work-related travel planning, etc.
- Assists with non?sensitive requests
- Manages internal projects that support operational and/or administrative processes
Facilities – 20%
- Address and coordinates all facilities issues and requests for the School under the supervision of the Associate Dean of Administration. Activities may include
- Submit and manage facility requests
- Manage studio clean-up
- Manage and organize keys for access to all school facilities
- Assist with East Hill and Studio 804 requests
- Resolve issues identified in Fire Marshal report
- Serve as a Backup Building Emergency Liaison on all safety issues
- Assist with Room Reservation System
- Facilitate building access and security of school in coordination with public safety office, information technology and other central offices
- Work with Campus Operations for building renovations, office and classroom requests and annual reporting
- Facilitate any movement of or changes to work spaces, liaising with KU Operations and space-management teams, as needed
- Serves as primary contact for facilities occupied by the School during the break
- Serves as the school’s representative for inclement weather issues, building closures, accidents, legal notices, and interpersonal disturbances
Front Office – 15%
- Serves as receptionist for guests/colleagues to the Office of the Dean
- Answers the telephone and greets visitors to the office
- Maintains guest parking for school visitors
- Manages faculty and staff phone lists
- Receives and organizes mail delivery, including the delivery of large items and furniture
- Orders office supplies for the mailroom and keeps the mailroom clean and organized
- Works with other staff to organize and/or delegate school activities and events. Such activities may include program assessment, communications, venues, catering, materials, etc...
Other Duties as Assigned - 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- High School diploma/GED and one (1) year of office experience or one (1) year of post?secondary education
- Excellent written, verbal and emotional intelligence communication skills as evidenced by application materials and demonstrated in interview process
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Work experience that required use of Word, Excel, Outlook and database software
- Experience in providing administrative support in an office setting
- Experience in work settings with diverse groups and/or individuals
- Work experience requiring a high level of organization
- Strong customer service skills and/or experience
- Experience managing multiple projects, coordination of events/activities, or arranging travel-related activities
Only complete applications will be considered.
- Application review begins Monday, 23 January 2023, and continues until a qualified pool of applicants is identified.
Advertised Salary Range: $35,000 - $41,453
Application Review Begins: 23-Jan-2023
Anticipated Start Date: 06-Feb-2023
Primary Campus: University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Employee Class: U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
Job Family: Administrative Support-KUL
Work Location Assignment: On-Site
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Director of the Office of Civil Rights & Title IX, email@example.com, Room 1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).