Digital Content Specialist, UC Cancer Center
Digital Content Specialist, UC Cancer Center
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation's best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls "the most ambitious campus design program in the country."
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC's momentum has never been stronger. UC's annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
In January 2020, the University of Cincinnati, UC Health, and Cincinnati Children's came together to form the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center. The Cancer Center unifies cancer research at the three entities under one umbrella to achieve our shared vision of creating a nationally recognized center that is pre-eminent in cancer care, research, training, community impact and philanthropic support.
This position is housed at the University of Cincinnati and is focused on the research, training, and community impact elements central to our NCI designation initiatives.
The Digital Content Specialist, under general supervision of the Director of Membership Communications & Marketing, will create, coordinate, manage and update content across multiple channels to document and promote the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center's research, educational programs, and community outreach initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Administer the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center's research website, including content management, optimization, light coding, benchmarking, and analytics.
- Serve as an email communications subject matter expert. Draft and layout HTML emails for multiple audiences, conduct A/B testing, perform competitive benchmarking, and report on email metrics.
- Research, draft, edit, and create written and other materials for distribution across multiple channels.
- Assist with the design, layout and writing of print materials using digital publishing tools.
- Ensure all materials comply with approved University of Cincinnati Cancer Center brand guidelines.
- Serve as a resource for standards, best practices and guidelines around brand, visual identity, information architecture, content, and accessibility. Assist with strategies for keeping content fresh and dynamic.
- Work closely with the university's technical support team to ensure accessibility, functionality, and performance of university's digital platforms, specifically ensuring compliance with sections 504 and 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Obtain bid and/or cost estimates.
- Monitor, track and evaluate results across channels.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- One (1) year of experience related to content creation, web content management, social media management, or marketing communications.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Experience working with a Customer Relationship Management system like Salesforce, HubSpot or EveryAction and managing a website using a CMS.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Google Analytics and/or other analytics tools.
- Strong writing skills with an ability to convey complex information appropriately to expert and general audiences.
- Familiarity with design best practices and beginner to intermediate graphic design skills.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $47,000 - $53,900 dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
If interested, please apply online at https://bit.ly/3Pr9gLb
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.