Associate Director of Athletics for Development
Associate Director of Athletics for Development
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of approximately 17,000 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President for Advancement, with an indirect reporting line to the Director of Athletics, the Associate Director of Athletics for Development's primary responsibility is to strengthen philanthropic support for UAlbany's athletics program, with special emphasis on securing gifts of $25,000+ and overseeing and generating revenue for the Great Dane Athletics Club (GDAC). The Associate Director will be a member of the Director of Athletics' senior management team and help make informed decisions that elevate the Department of Athletics.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 75 prospective donors, engaging and soliciting them for gifts.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Athletics to identify the program's fundraising priorities, and with the Director of Athletics and coaches to engage and solicit key prospects.
- Oversee GDAC's activities, services, and membership benefits. Increase the number of leadership level ($1,000+) annual gifts to GDAC.
- Serve as advancement liaison to the head coaches, consulting with them to leverage their networks in order to enhance solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Assist fellow development officers whose portfolios include prospects for gifts to the athletics program.
- Collaborate with the Office of Advancement's Senior Director of Annual Giving to create, segment, and distribute athletics-focused direct mail, email, and crowdfunding appeals.
- Manage the GDAC Advisory Board, recruiting and engaging board members and leveraging their potential as sources of support.
- Work with the Office of Advancement's Donor Relations team to ensure donors are appropriately thanked and stewarded.
- Interact with donors and prospective donors at home and away games and other events.
- Serve as the sport supervisor for individual intercollegiate program(s), coordinating with the head coaches on budget, student development, scheduling, and other areas of oversight.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience securing gifts from high-level donors.
- Proven success qualifying, engaging, and securing gifts from high-level donors.
- Ability to raise donor sights, articulate aspirational goals and ideas, set priorities, and present philanthropic opportunities.
- Understanding and appreciation for the philanthropic process and individual giving behaviors combined with direct solicitation experience.
- The professional credibility, intellectual depth, maturity, poise, and collaborative skills to garner the trust and confidence of the director of athletics, coaches, and volunteer leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with demonstrated presentation abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across a complex organization.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and foster inclusiveness.
- Demonstrated integrity and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Computer literacy, especially with relational databases.
- Experience securing gifts from high-level donors in higher education.
- 5+ years of experience in higher education fundraising and/or intercollegiate athletics.
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising for an NCAA Intercollegiate Athletics program.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: SL5, Director of Fundraising (pending approval)
- UAlbany provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including, the choice between several health insurance plans and no-cost dental and vision coverage. Additionally, employees are entitled to 13 holidays per year with generous vacation and sick time accruals. Employees can also choose between two retirement vehicles with employer contributions and receive tuition assistance at SUNY-operated campuses. To see the complete listing of benefits please visit here.
- The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $95,000, commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for hybrid work.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to NYS Labor Law 194-A, no State entity, as defined by the Law, is permitted to rely on, orally or in writing seek, request, or require in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current wage, or salary history as a condition to be interviewed, or as a condition of continuing to be considered for an offer of employment, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation, and for the purpose of verifying information, may such requests be made. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=161318
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Writing sample
- Contact information for three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
Closing date for receipt of applications: June 4, 2023