Research Assistant #25009UMKC Midwest Center for Nonprofit Leadership
Midwest Center for Nonprofit Leadership, Henry W. Bloch School of Management, University of Missouri-Kansas City
The Midwest Center for Nonprofit Leadership (MCNL) is the leadership and management research and development center of the Henry W. Bloch School of Management in the University of Missouri - Kansas City that is dedicated to the success of nonprofit organizations. The mission of the Midwest Center is to enhance the performance and effectiveness of individuals and organizations in the nonprofit sector through high quality community-focused education, applied research, problem solving and service.
The duties of the MCNL Research Assistant, working under the supervision of the Center's director and associate director, include:
- Plan, organize, and implement literature reviews and field and archival research projects for a variety of clients and organizations, including development and implementation of projects designed to help develop the capacity of nonprofit organizations and their leaders.
- Collect, organize, evaluate, analyze, and report data gathered for nonprofit organization and sector research projects, including but not limited to annual Nonprofit Sector Reports and the biennial Kansas City Area Nonprofit Sector Salary and Benefits Report.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of program assessment and evaluation projects, with particular attention to assuring high quality data collection, analysis, and report development.
- Provide database management for all MCNL internal data sets and data bases.
- Serve as a point of contact and resource to constituents on research questions and issues.
- Develop the analytical capacity of the members of the MCNL student and staff team through provision ongoing training and professional development.
- Maintain key components of the center's systems for records retention and management, paper and electronic, to ensure that appropriate data and information are readily available as needed for program leadership, research, and administrative purposes.
- Assist MCNL executives in preparing and submitting regular program and financial reports to university officers and other key stakeholders, including special research and evaluation projects on the performance of operations and programs of the center.
Bachelor's degree in a field related to nonprofit or public service management, and an understanding of the nonprofit sector. The qualified incumbent will possess strong analytic abilities and understand and be proficient in the use of Excel and Word as well as Qualtrics and SPSS statistical software, be able to provide excellent customer service, and be detail oriented and work well as part of a team.
- An MPA or similar degree
- One year of work experience in the production of quantitative analysis
- Experience with the use of Access and GIS mapping systems and software
- Experience in the design and creation of infographics
- Experience in the conduct of evaluation research projects
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and its role in the US civil society
- Excellent writing skills, with demonstrated ability to prepare high quality professional documents
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and work collaboratively with various personalities
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule
- Enthusiasm for the role of the Midwest Center for Nonprofit Leadership in the region