Reimbursement Analyst II - 2023-686
Excellence, Teamwork, Leadership and Innovation. These are the values that define UConn Health, and we are looking for team members that share these same values. Our top-rated organization is looking to add a Reimbursement Analyst II to the Department of Patient Financial Services. If you have a background in this field, as well as a passion for patient experience, we want to hear from you.
Interested applicants may apply at Career Opportunities at UConn Health:
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS OFFERED:
− Industry-leading health insurance options and affordability
− Generous vacation and sick-time plans
− Multi-channel retirement options (pension and match options)
− Tuition waiver and reimbursement for employees and qualified family members
− Quick commute access from I-84, Route 9 and surrounding areas
− State of the art facility and campus environments
− Progressive leadership and educational development programs available
At UConn Health, this position is responsible for independently performing a full range of complex tasks and project management in reimbursement analysis, including development of procedures to ensure recovery of all inpatient and outpatient charges, contract management, external financial reporting, revenue capture, accounts receivables analysis and regulatory compliance monitoring.
Works under the limited supervision of an employee of higher grade.
May Lead/supervise staff as assigned.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinate projects such as Medicare cost reporting
- Meet with senior managers to discuss reimbursement issues
- Prepare and present data to senior management
- Deals directly with payers to resolve transactional issues if necessary
- Resource to members of the university community regarding reimbursement issues
- Provide training as required
- Develops techniques for effective analyses of reimbursement trends
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets insurance payments and denials to ensure proper payment
- Works with billing supervisors to modify billings to meet contract specifics, as well as charge-master analyst
- Recommends updates to charge-master
- Develops and maintains system for tracking and evaluating performance of insurance carrier to maximize reimbursement and ensure billing compliance with audit standards
- Provides reimbursement patterns and trends to the management
- Prepares reports and analyses to include financial reports, setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations and conclusions
- Submits external reports and handles all edits and changes required by meeting with appropriate departments to obtain correct data
- Monitors and evaluates current reimbursement rules and changes that impact revenue capture and communicates this information to the clinical faculty, staff, and billing personnel
- Provides in-service training for finance personnel
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures
- Schedules assigns, oversees and review work of assigned staff
- Applies personnel policies and procedures
- Prepares or assist in the preparation of the department budget subject to administrative review
- Acts as liaison with other operating units, agencies and outside officials regarding third party reimbursements
- Prepares profit and loss statements
- Performs other related duties
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of financial management
- Knowledge of the healthcare reimbursement
- Considerable ability in the interpretation and analysis of complex financial, statistical and technical data
- Considerable interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- Considerable knowledge of insurance billings and collection procedures including CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Advanced spreadsheet and computer skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Supervisory ability
- Knowledge and ability to apply relevant Federal and State laws, statutes and regulations
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Eight (8) years of experience related to revenue capture, healthcare reimbursement procedures, including working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 Four (4) years of the experience must be in a healthcare environment.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in the EPIC system’s for both Hospital and Professional billing.
- Epic reporting experience
- More than five (5) years of experience in a healthcare environment
- Knowledge of Professional and Hospital billing, Managed Care & commercial insurance follow-up, denials, credits, and contractual reimbursement.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Quality Analysis role reviewing revenue cycle claims, processes, and providing feedback to end users.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
Bachelor’s degree in financial management, accounting, healthcare administration or closely related field may be substituted for four (4) years of the experience.
SCHEDULE: 40-hour work week; Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
FULL TIME EQUIVALENT MINIMUM SALARY: $87,914
Why UConn Health
UConn Health is a vibrant, integrated academic medical center that is entering an era of unprecedented growth in all three areas of its mission: academics, research, and clinical care. A commitment to human health and well-being has been of utmost importance to UConn Health since the founding of the University of Connecticut schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine in 1961. Based on a strong foundation of groundbreaking research, first-rate education, and quality clinical care, we have expanded our medical missions over the decades. In just over 50 years, UConn Health has evolved to encompass more research endeavors, to provide more ways to access our superior care, and to innovate both practical medicine and our methods of educating the practitioners of tomorrow.
All Workforce Members are required to have or obtain a vaccination as a term and condition of employment or to work in a UConn Health facility, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved. All Workforce Members shall be required to report their vaccine status and to provide approved documentation as proof of receipt of the vaccine. All new Workforce Members shall be required to provide proof of their vaccine status prior to the start of their employment. All records of vaccinations and approved exemptions will be maintained by Employee Health Services. Additional information regarding this policy may be found at https://health.uconn.edu/policies/wp-content/uploads/sites/28/2021/08/2021- 03-COVID-19-Mandatory-Vaccination-Policy.pdf.