The Strategic Account Manager plays an essential role in business retention and ensuring achievement of customers marketing objectives. The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will work with a group of existing accounts across a region to provide insights and maintain an understanding of business objectives to ensure marketing campaign success. The SAM must be articulate, possess strong phone communication skills, demonstrate good judgment, be knowledge about the client’s business and show enthusiasm for the work. Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and accuracy are a must. Digital specific experience and success preferred.
● Understand client’s business and products / services.
● Acts as key client advocate and liaison.
● Interpret client needs and manage execution of those needs.
● Responsible for retention of current business
● Target and build relationships with existing clients.
● Project management: ensures projects stay on strategic track and the client is informed as needed for status or issue resolution.
● Keeps client informed of progress, and forwards any issues that must be solved to appropriate channels. Must be able to maintain proactive and responsive client communications.
● Presents as necessary
● Ability to identify potential for growth within account assignments
● Must be able to build upon ideas and think strategically about abusiness.
● Understands each client and their unique business need to provide ROI-impactful solutions.
● Researches and provides insight to clients
● Understands local market & competitive landscape.
● Strong customer service skills with attention to detail.
● Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
● Exhibits technical competency, e.g. updating our CRM, with intermediate to advanced proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, database applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of products
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● 3-4 years prior advertising account management, and or direct sales experience required.
● Must have the ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
● Able to work under conditions where aggressive deadline pressures are essential.