The Client Success Strategist (CSS) is a large contributor to the overall success of The Kansas City Star digital business as they will own the day-to-day management of digital accounts and help develop strategies to drive future account performance. The CSS will assist in creating digital solutions after gaining an in-depth understanding of the clients business, needs and ROI requirements. The Client Success Strategist must be a team player willing to provide support where needed with other misc. projects and planning.
Client Management + Strategic Planning
• Grow and develop the designated business.
• Build trust with and advise clients, providing a range of options to achieve client business and marketing objectives.
• Manage and effectively communicate client expectations for all initiatives.
• Contact and develop relationships with designated senior-level and midlevel clients.
• Supervise “day-to-day” designated client initiatives, including, but not limited to, business-building, strategy, media and creative projects.
• Play an essential role in major presentations to clients, including annual planning and selling creative, media plans and integrated campaign initiatives.
• Provide guidance to clients, assisting them with all aspects of their marketing and advertising.
• Deep dive with client web analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Adobe or Coremetrics.
• Deliver a quality client reporting by auditing, implementing, and managing digital tag management platform.
• Show our clients the value of our work by creating custom scorecards based on site goals to measure website performance.
• Discover underperforming areas of the site; identify opportunities to improve the site.
• Lead client presentations, add insight to data, and field strategic and technical questions.
• Engage with clients and resolve difficult business issues.
• Provide leadership, support and expertise. Inspire, motivate, train and mentor the team as appropriate.
• Practice standard operating procedures within the department to engage with others professionally, efficiently and profitably.
• Advise agency leaders on growth potential for members of the team.
• Own client goals with detail-oriented briefs and strong attention to project management and follow-through
• Develop all assignment briefs in partnership with strategic planning.
• Take responsibility for overall client budgets and scope.
• Define project parameters and client needs.
• Manage client expectations regarding timing, schedules and process.
• Gather initial project-timing feasibility evaluation (through PM).
• Take responsibility for overall communication to the client and of the client’s business, providing insight to agency team members regarding client business or project-specific needs.
• Collaborate regarding projects’ strategic direction and integration.
• Consult with appropriate stakeholders and subject-matter experts in the idea development process.
• Recap client meetings in writing.
• Champion agency process to ensure quality of work.
• Manage client contract, fees and compensation.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
• Attends webinars and additional training opportunities to continue to increase knowledge.
● Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
● Must have the ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
● Intermediate to advanced proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, database applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
● Intermediate to advanced knowledge of web technologies, Google Analytics and digital ad serving/trafficking.
● Must be able to work effectively with others and communicate in a positive manner.
● Possess business and digital acumen; strategic thinker.
● Competitive, passionate and results driven.
● Ability to troubleshoot issues and display strong problem solving abilities.
● Exhibits technical competency with systems and tools.
● Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills.
● Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
● Able to learn new computer/web-based/3rd party programs and tools.
● Possess leadership qualities as they manage multiple projects to meet client needs.
● Must have experience with technical development across multiple platforms as well as an understanding of the greater digital landscape (online banners, mobile, digital analytics, search, etc.).
● Must have exceptional presentation skills as well as excellent analytical skills.
● Must be highly organized, with a charismatic and varied communication style.
● Two years of prior advertising account management experience required.
● Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Advertising or related field preferred
● Able to work under conditions where aggressive deadline pressures are essential.