The Business Development Consultant plays an essential role in new business acquisition and account development. The Business Development Consultant’s(BDC) primary focus is to solicit new customers in a devoted region. The BDCmust be articulate, polished, possess good judgment, have in-depth knowledge about the client’s business and show enthusiasm for the work. Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and accuracy are a must. Digital-specific experience and expertise required.
● Independent prospecting of opportunities that will drive new revenue streams and new customers.
● Works proactively and efficiently through company data and insight tools to perform the job most effectively, including utilization of CRM tool.
● Understand client business and products.
● Acts as key client advocate and liaison.
● Interpret client needs to the group and manage execution of those needs. Works with client to define objectives and parameters of new digital projects. Sells need for a project to client when required.
● Project management: ensures projects stay on strategic track and the client is informed as needed for status or issue resolution.
● Keeps client informed of progress, and forwards any issues that must be solved by client. Must be able to maintain proactive and responsive client communications.
● Monitor competitive activity and collect competitive samples.
● Develop proactive business-building ideas for client.
● Able to identify and capture new business revenue.
● Must be able to build upon tactical ideas and think strategically about a brand or business.
● Understands each client and their unique business need to provide ROI-impactful solutions.
● Has deep understanding of local markets) & competitive landscape.
● Ability to manage time and tasks to meet deadlines
● Strong public relations and customer service skills with attention to detail.
● Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
● Intermediate to advanced proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, database applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
● Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● 3-4 years of prior sales experience, preferably in a new business or an account acquisition centric role(s).
● Able to work under conditions where aggressive deadline and sales performance pressures are essential.
● Valid driver’s license and required insurance.