Automotive Account ExecutiveThe Kansas City Star
The Automotive Marketing Consultant plays an essential role in new business acquisition, and account development across the automotive segment. The Automotive Marketing Consultant’s (AMC) primary focus is to solicit new customers, transition as well as up-sell current customers within the automotive space. The AMC must be articulate, polished, possess good judgment, have in-depth knowledge about the client’s business and show enthusiasm for the work. Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and accuracy are also essential. Digital-specific experience is required and relevant experience within the automotive industry is preferred.
- Independent prospecting of opportunities that will drive new revenue streams and new customers.
- Works proactively and efficiently through company data and insight tools to perform the job most effectively, including utilization of CRM tool.
- Understand client business and products.
- Acts as key client advocate and liaison.
- Interpret client needs to the group and manage execution of those needs. Works with client to define objectives and parameters of new digital projects. Sells need for a project to client when required.
- Project management: ensures projects stay on strategic track and the client is informed as needed for status or issue resolution.
- Keeps client informed of progress, and forwards any issues that must be solved by client. Must be able to maintain proactive and responsive client communications.
- Monitor competitive activity and collect competitive samples.
- Develop proactive business-building ideas for client.
- Able to identify and capture new revenue.
- Must be able to build upon tactical ideas and think strategically about a brand or business.
- Understands each client and able to provide ROI-impactful solutions.
- Has deep understanding of local markets & competitive landscape.
- Ability to manage time and tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong public relations and customer service skills with attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with personal computers, the Internet, database applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-4 years of prior sales experience
- Automotive industry experience preferred
- Able to work under conditions where aggressive deadline and sales performance pressures are essential.
- Valid driver’s license and required insurance.