Advertising Design and Production Coordinator
The Kansas City Star
Kansas City, MO
Posted on November 9, 2017
The Advertising Division has an opening for an Advertising Design & Production Coordinator within the Ad Services Department. This role will be responsible for ensuring the offshore team has the necessary creative direction with minimal involvement from the sales person.
The Kansas City Star Media Company has an opening for an Advertising Design & Production Coordinator within the Ad Services Department of the Advertising Division. This role will be responsible for ensuring the offshore team has the necessary creative direction with minimal involvement from the sales person. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Interact with salespersons and advertising customers.
- Preflight digital files supplied by customer.
- Adjust images received from customers to meet Star specifications.
- Troubleshoot digital ad files and provide follow up communication to Account Executive or customer.
- Preflight and output jobs from commercial print customers.
- Esure advertising inserts, onserts and direct marketing materials meet specifications of outside printing partners.
- Proofread and make proof corrections to ads.
- Work at high speed in a demanding production environment while maintaining very high quality standards.
- Maintain high quality standard.
- Provide graphic design for advertising.
- Typeset ad copy.
- Adapt to changing technology and learn new software applications and systems as needed.
- Backup the Traffic Coordinator.
- Provide backup creative support.
- Assist with online ad production.
- Assist with page makeup and output.
Prior Ad Design experience is required. The position requires a combination of knowledge and experience equivalent to a B.A. degree in Advertising, Marketing or related field. Applicant must be skilled in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, with ability to learn AdSpeed, Ad Monitor, Solvero, CLS & CCI.