TAYLOR FORGE ENGINEERED SYSTEMS
Perform manual and semi-automatic welding on all types of materials, components, and products.
- Setup, adjust, and operate all types of manual and semi-automatic welding
equipment (i.e. SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, Bortech) in accordance with the proper
Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) in an efficient manner.
- Provide technical support for
Sales during the inquiry process.
- Ensure welding is being done such that welds are capable of passing RT and
- Verify welding and material is in accordance with drawings, standards, and
- Perform pre-heat and post-heat operations.
- Perform all types of gouging operations.
- Maintain accurate welding and material records.
- Clean up welds by grinding, buffing, and/or other means to provide an acceptable
- Assist and train other welders, as required.
- Report abnormal conditions of equipment to Foreman.
- Work in a safe and secure manner and comply with the safety rules and procedures.
- Weld fixtures, temporary lugs, dies, and other non-production items in accordance
with the proper WPS.
- Perform small repairs and preventative maintenance on the welding equipment.
- Assist in placing and removing pieces, components, and products to/from the
- Operate jib cranes, forklifts, and other mobile equipment (except heavy cranes) for
the moving of material, components, and equipment from location to location within
the plant. Occasionally operate overhead cranes and towmotors in support of small
moves to continue production within the department.
- Perform general laborer duties as required (i.e. grinding, loading and unloading of
trucks and railcars, bricking furnace).
- Keep working area clean and perform housekeeping duties around the plant as
required (i.e. pickup tools, roll-up hoses and cables, sweep).
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is
qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Required to pass ASME Code welding test qualification requirements in GMAW, FCAW, and
SMAW as set forth by the Company.
- Capable of reading and understanding Engineering drawings, documents, weld symbols, and
- Working knowledge of different types of cutting equipment.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs. up to waist.
- Requires 36 months minimum of job-related work experience.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package which
may include, but is not limited to: medical, dental, life insurance and flexible spending account.
All candidates will be subject to drug and alcohol screening and a background check prior to employment.
OBSERVE ALL SAFETY PRACTICES
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being
performed by the people holding this position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Incumbents will follow any instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required.
For more information and to apply please click the APPLY!