Special Assistant ProfessionalSTATE OF MISSOURI OFFICE OF ADMINISTRATION
Do you have experience with high level project management and are looking for a place to showcase those skills? If so, we’re looking for you! The state of Missouri’s IT division is a team of about 1,000 IT professionals with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. These state employees are dedicated to providing Missouri’s state agencies with the systems, networks, and technical support they need in order to provide services to Missouri’s citizens, businesses, and other government entities. The Department of Social Services (DSS) is committed to building the capacity of individuals, families, and communities to secure and sustain healthy, safe, and productive lives. We’re looking for the right person to fill a senior level project management position with IT in support of DSS. You’ll be responsible for overseeing large-scale implementation projects for the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) utilized by the Missouri HealthNet Division (MHD).
You can look forward to an excellent benefits package that includes a defined benefit retirement plan, generous paid time off that increases with tenure, and multiple health coverage options.
- Providing guidance to the vendors in the allocation of development resources
- Overseeing large-scale implementation projects
- Monitoring Service Level Agreements
- Enforcing contract requirements
- Developing strategies for system enhancements
- Aligning system functionality with rapidly changing business needs
- Maintaining relationships with business owners at all levels
- Managing vendors providing Independent Verification and Validation services
Intermediate knowledge of:
- Formal software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Technical architectures and system security standards.
- Information technology design, development, and implementation processes.
- Participate in the management of large-scale, department wide information technology and business process change procurements and implementation.
- Lead teams and projects in all phases of IT implementations.