Do you have a love for the arts? Would you like to be an active part of a beloved Kansas City tradition? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Starlight is looking for a detail-oriented and self-motivating "Star" to join our team! The Accounting Manager will direct, maintain and reconcile accounting activities within the Finance department.
Essential Functions & Duties:
- Responsible for all revenue related tasks within Accounting. Verifies and posts details of revenues, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases (Tessitura, Appetize, Acumatica).
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system. Prepares invoices, account statements, reports and other records, and reviews for accuracy. Backup for Accountant.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers (Tessitura, Appetize, Acumatica). Reviews monthly payroll reconciliations to payroll system for accuracy. Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Reviews, balances and interprets computer reports. Handles reconciling of daily ticket and ancillary sales reports to the credit cards processed and cash received. Monitors comp/trade ticket forms/voided tickets/trouble relocates and reconciles to reports.
- Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports. Determines proper handling of financial transactions.
- Prepares month-end entries and reconciliations for investment accounts. Monitors and releases restricted funds as utilized on a monthly basis.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution and operating expenses. Point person within department for technical system issues.
- Maintain payroll system database and reconcile weekly payroll file for accuracy. Strong payroll background a plus.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting and/or payroll.
- Participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
- Preparation of management schedules and analysis as requested by the VP of Finance.
- Prepares budget worksheets for managers and inputs data into accounting system. Assists with budget analysis and presentation.
- Assist in preparing external audit and tax return materials.
Supervises employees in the Finance Department, coordinating with the VP of Finance. Responsibilities include assisting VP of Finance with training employees; directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Completes tasks quickly and accurately with a drive for self-sufficiency; Ability to manage multiple projects effectively under tight deadlines.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Ability to promote a respectful, diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Two to five years previous Accounting Manager experience preferred.
- Acumatica, Tessitura and Appetize experience preferred.
Starlight full-time employees receive a competitive total compensation package that begins the first of the month following date of hire. Starlight’s three-tier benefits package includes the following components:
Starlight Physical Wellness
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance paid by employer
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Starlight Emotional Wellness
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flex Time
- Employee Assistance Program
Starlight Financial Wellness
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Life Insurance
- Family and Medical Leave
- 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Starlight Perks & Discounts
NOTE: Cost and benefits are subject to change per each annual renewal.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, submit your application online at https://www.kcstarlight.com/about-starlight/contact-us/employment/ or at Starlight’s West Ticket Office, next to Gate 3, Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please visit our website for more information regarding Starlight employment.
Starlight Theatre Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Starlight is working toward embedding inclusion, diversity, equity and access within every aspect of our organization. We support an environment that values and respects the experiences and contributions of its employees, volunteers, partners and community members. We encourage and welcome applicants of groups that are historically underrepresented in the American theatre industry.
All persons working on behalf of Starlight Theatre are required to receive any of the FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccines and be fully vaccinated. Starlight will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals regarding medical or religious exemptions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Starlight Theatre Association of Kansas City, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization.