Director of Finance
Director of Finance
Summary: The Director of Finance oversees all financial aspects of the property’s multiple finance departments and assures compliance with all regulatory agencies and bond requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for the property’s compliance with Missouri Gaming Commission (MGC) Procedures: training, reviewing all gaming documents, gaming tax return, etc.)
- Fully develop and manage operating and capital budgets.
- Reviews all journal entries, financial statements, payables, chart of accounts, tax returns, and licenses.
- Maintains a system of internal controls. Develops, implements, and enforces operational procedures within the department(s).
- Responsible for the property annual budget process.
- Coordinates and assists with auditors (Gaming Control Board, IRS, or other internal and/or external auditors).
- Prepares monthly income statements for all departments and participates in monthly financial review meetings.
- Analyzes information, forecasts revenue against expenses and creates an annual budget and capital plans.
- Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
- Ensures departmental operations in Purchasing, Finance, Count Team, and Cage comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Maintains compliance with banks regarding property lines of credit.
- Reviews quarterly and annual financials for 10Q, 10K, and S-4.
- Assists with various schedules for SEC filing.
- Provides analytical support during financial reviews to identify cost savings and productivity opportunities for departments.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others.
- Advocates sound financial/business decision making.
- Communicates the strategic goals clearly and precisely; leverages strong functional leadership to influence the executive team and lead their team.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to the established procedures
- Advises the General Manager and executive team on existing and evolving operating/financial issues
- Communicates financial concepts in a straightforward manner that is easy to understand
- Ensures team members are adequately trained and can successfully support daily operations.
- Ensures new hires receive appropriate training to perform their job successfully.
- Create appropriate development plans which develop team members based on their strengths, development needs, career aspirations, and abilities.
Directly manages the Accounting, Cage, Count, and Warehouse departments. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining team members, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
All Employees must be knowledgeable of all Company policies and procedures, including fire and safety regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS Accounting or Finance required. CPA preferred.
Minimum 3 years’ previous experience in similar position within the casino industry.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Missouri Gaming Commission License.
Must be able to effectively communicate in English in all manners. This position will require minimal public speaking. This position is responsible for report writing and data compilation.
Advanced mathematical comprehension required.
Must have Microsoft Office experience and program knowledge of Great Plains, FRX, GCA, MGT, Oasis, InfoGenesis, UKG, AS400/Stratton Warren.
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Employee benefits may vary by location, position, length of service and employment status.
Final candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check. Many positions will require a state gaming license. Affinity Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.