Social Media Coordinator (R24-03)
Social Media Coordinator (R24-03)
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College is seeking a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Social Media Coordinator position within PDP’s Instructional Technologies Unit. This position is located in Albany, NY with the option to work remotely.
Description of Duties:
Under the direction of the program manager or designee, provide dynamic and engaging websites and social media presences that will serve to recruit, inform, engage, and retain the interest of target audiences. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day execution of social media messaging; Update and maintain assigned websites, Facebook, X/Twitter, Instagram, and other appropriate and engaging social media accounts/feeds.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive strategic plan to grow social media audience for key demographics.
- Conduct research and collaborate with project staff and others to produce creative and compelling content for social media.
- Obtain quotes and process purchase requisitions for supplies, equipment, venues, print orders, and other project-related needs.
- Assist in formatting, preparing, and distributing training materials.
- Manage and maintain monitoring and analytics systems to track social media engagement and results and create social media reports.
- Create and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, and channels and recommend new designs and strategies.
- Regularly report progress and project developments to sponsors.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Two years of experience managing social media for a business or organization, including creating content and implementing campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete work within stated timeframes.
- Strong customer service skills, including engaging with users professionally and positively and addressing inquiries, comments, and concerns promptly and effectively.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to develop inclusive and equitable relationships within our diverse campus community.
- Applicants must demonstrate an ability to support diversity, equity, access, inclusion, and belonging, relative to their role.
- Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Knowledge of current social media trends and best practices.
- Experience in graphic design or the ability to create visually appealing content, including images, infographics, and short videos.
- Proficiency in using social media analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, or others to track and analyze key performance indicators, measure campaign effectiveness, and identify areas for improvement.
- Experience with the NYS child welfare system, foster care, youth in care, or other related social service program.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be between $50,000 and $51,691. To apply, go to https://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=172152. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Applicants selected for a second interview will be asked to submit a writing sample. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. Please see the RF Benefits Flyer for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htmAs an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.