Senior Research Associate
Senior Research Associate
Institute for Traffic Safety Management & Research
Reports to: Director
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000 - Salary based on experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
Description of Duties:
The primary role of the Senior Research Associate is to extract, build and analyze various data files to support a variety of ITSMR’s projects, including traffic safety research studies, project reports and surveys. This position also supports the maintenance and expansion of data files in the TSSR, a statistical repository that provides public access to New York State’s crash and ticket data. Responsibilities also include conducting data analyses and data visualization in response to data requests from the Governer’s Traffic Safety Committee and other traffic safety partners as well as providing written or verbal interpretation of the results.
The Senior Research Associate is expected to:
- Use statistical software to conduct data analyses, writing original code as needed
- Extract data from various large-scale databases, build and prepare files for analysis purposes and for use by external users
- Assist with the TSSR, updating the SAS file storage and creating new data files as needed
- Design and execute the data analysis plan in response to research questions, project reports, and data requests
- Create tables and graphs as appropriate and provide written or verbal interpretations of results
- A Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Analytics, Public Health, Criminal Justice, Public Policy, Computer Science or other related field from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization plus one year of professional experience using SAS, R or comparable statistical tool and working with large relational databases. OR a Bachelor’s degree in one of the above fields AND three years of such professional experience.
- Excellent data management and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of SQL and Excel
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills and experience in communicating findings and presenting data effectively in multiple formats
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to juggle multiple tasks when necessary
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Candidates must address their ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Candidates must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Proficiency in SAS statistical software
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. To apply, go to https://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=161905
Closing date for receipt of applications: until position is filled
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three-year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report”) http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long- term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.