SCHOOL BUS MECHANICPLATTE COUNTY R3 SCHOOL DISTRICT
POSITION TITLE: Bus Mechanic
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or the equivalent.
Four year minimum experience as a school bus mechanic or with equivalent experience with medium and heavy duty single axle vehicles.
Must have a background in air and hydraulic brakes, diesel and gas engines, and automatic transmissions.
Possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and physical attributes necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate or acceptable.
Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 260 days, 8 hours per day, salary to be established by the Board of Education. Benefits according to Board policies.
JOB GOAL: To keep the district’s buses in a state of operating excellence so that they present no problems or interruptions to the educational process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a MVI license.
- Assist in the inspecting of buses.
- Assist in the diagnosing of repair needs.
- Perform routine maintenance of buses.
- Repair buses according to industry and safety standards.
- Reports to the Director of Transportation any areas of concern pertaining to the safe operation of buses.
- Possess and maintain a current class B CDL with air brake endorsement and a school bus permit.
- Must be able to prioritize jobs for maximum efficiency.
- Must be able to work independently and under pressure.
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Required to use Time Clocking System for clocking in and out each day they are scheduled to work. Clocking must reflect true time worked.
- Ability to work to implement the vision and mission of the district.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Drive a regular route or activity when called upon.
- Must be able to lift at least 80 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or scheduled form.
- Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, dress, and appropriate professional manner for the work setting.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
- Adheres to good safety practices.
- Adheres to all district rules, regulations, and policies.
- Attends safety meetings and summer in-service meetings.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
The employee will frequently turn, bend, and twist the torso and neck. Frequently use repetitive arm, wrist and hand movements. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp and use tools. Occasionally lift up to 90 pounds. Use close, distance, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception.
CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
Employee may work in temperatures below 32 degrees and above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Occasionally work in rain, sleet and ice and drive on slippery conditions. Often work in a high area with a high noise level including engine noise.Employee may be exposed to fumes, toxic and/or caustic chemicals.
To apply go to www.plattecountyschooldistrict.com