This position prepares and inputs raw materials into batching process. Operates filling station and packaging equipment as required.
Position Hours: Full-Time, Starting at $16.50/per hour
Shift Description: Tuesday-Friday 6:45 AM -5:15 PM
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Selects raw materials for processing in accordance with proper work instructions and selected formulation data reports
- Operates filling station and packaging equipment as required.
- Weigh proper amounts of raw materials in accordance with written formula.
- Sequence and load raw materials.
- Label pails for shipment or storage.
- Record accurate batch information.
- Performs clean-up duties in assigned areas. When working in batching area clean up includes the inside and outside storage areas for raw materials.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections or procedures as directed by the Maintenance Department.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Assist in developing methods or adaptation to improve the safety, quality and productivity of the production team.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by supervisor.
- Committed to operating and monitoring ways for improving environmental impacts and effects on the job.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Ability to communicate both orally and written.
- Basic math ability including understanding of weights and measures.
- Some mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to understand written instruction.
- Ability to plan and schedule processing order of raw materials.
- Ability to move or lift materials weighing 75 lbs.
- Practices good safety habits and safe operation of forklifts and skid loader.
- Safety requirements for manufacturing plant “Training required annually”
- Training on emergency response / evacuation and spill prevention “Training required annually”
Working Conditions and/or Physical Demands:
The production area does not have cooling and can become warm in the summer months. Work environment is dusty due to raw materials used as thickening agents. Some exposure to hot surfaces and materials. Moving or lifting materials weighing 75 lbs.