Business Office Specialist
Notre Dame de Sion School - Kansas City's Premier Private School
Visit our Careers Page for more information about us.
Empowering Minds. Transforming Hearts. Impacting Others.
Notre Dame de Sion is seeking a methodical, detail-oriented, results-driven leader to serve as a Business Office Associate. Located in historic Hyde Park, Sion is the only independent Catholic grade school in Kansas City. Founded in 1912 by the Congregation of the Sisters of Sion, our mission is to provide an excellent education that transforms the hearts of our students and prepares them to make an impact in the world. This position manages the accounts payable process, ensuring timely payment of approved expenditures; executes payroll, ensuring accurate and timely payment of wages and related expenses; and manages the related files, reports and documentation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and verify employee and timekeeping data
- Review wages to ensure accuracy
- Processing Payroll through Payroll Processing service (Paycor)
- Update payroll information for promotions, transfers, terminations, and new hires
- Record and maintain employee records and payroll transactions
- Receive and process garnishments and support orders
- Work closely with HR Generalist to insure accurate benefits and wage information
- Provide general ledger reports as requested
Accounts payable/cash disbursements
- Review and process vendor invoices to ensure timely payment.
- Review vendor statements and proactively contact vendors to correct discrepancies or past due balances.
- Preparing weekly payment runs through Payment Processing system.
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries as needed
- Record all electronic payments via journal entry in the accounting system.
- Coordinating with Credit Card holders the monthly collection of receipts and expense coding and importing the detail into the Accounting System.
- At year end, develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets for A/P accruals, prepaid expenses, other journal entries, etc.
Job Qualifications & Requirements
Education & Experience
- Associates degree or higher in accounting or related subjects
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in payroll and accounts payable or performing duties in a related area.
- Working knowledge of Payroll/Timekeeping/Accounting systems, Paycor preferred.
- Working knowledge of General Ledger systems - Abila MIP preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Works in a climate controlled office sitting at a desk for extended periods of time
- Works with multiple computer screens and
- Occasionally bends, stoops and squats
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Commitment to Non-Discrimination & Diversity
Notre Dame de Sion is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community. Candidates who have experience working with a wide range of faculty, staff, and students, and who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experience in these areas.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude assignments not mentioned.
Compensation & Benefits
- Base pay $45,000 - $50,000
- Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Prepaid Legal, Identity Theft Protections, & more!)
- 403b Retirement Plan
- 403b 100% Employer Matching
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid Life & Accident Insurance, Long-Term Disability
- Best Places to Work in KC
- Located in the Historic Hyde Park area
- Great walking and bike trails, feel free to ride your bike to work!
- Tuition Remission for children of Employees
- Hiring Immediately