NODAWAY VALLEY BANK
SAINT JOSEPH, MO LOCATION
Starting pay $19.00 per hour
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provides assistance to customers in determining products and services which best meet their needs. Provides assistance to customers with deposit account transactions. Represents the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands business relationships and enhances the Bank’s image contributing to its growth. Provide excellent customer service in all customer and employee interactions.
- Is fully knowledgeable of all bank deposit products and services.
- Assists customers in retail product selections by profiling, presenting features, benefits, and asks for the entire relationship.
- Refer customers to other departments, i.e. loan, mortgage, NVIS for investment needs, etc.
- Participates in all campaigns & events.
- Attends training classes/seminars for all relationship building training.
- Make outbound phone calls to customers and prospects.
- Fully supports the banks retention program to strengthen new relationships and build on existing.
- Is fully trained in the Teller function
OPERATIONS, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Performs all new account functions
- Performs all teller functions
- Completes all debit card related requests (disputes, reissues, etc)
- Completes all necessary forms to ensure accurate opening and closing of accounts
- Complies with all Relationship Banker/Teller policies and procedures.
- Is fully knowledgeable of bank policies and procedures.
- Responds to all customers inquires and forwards any appropriate requests to other departments.
- Performs safe deposit functions according to policy and procedures.
- Completes necessary documentation for any account maintenance changes and ensures that the change is completed.
- Attends all required operational and compliance training.
- Performs notary functions as needed.
- Process wire transfers at customer’s request
- Greet each customer when they enter the bank.
- Use eye contact and smile when greeting customers.
- Stand up and shake hands upon greeting customers while introducing yourself.
- Use the customer’s name and ask, “How may I help you?”
- Ask probing questions to ensure we are meeting the customer’s needs. Ask i.e. “What type of account did you have previously?” “Would you like to earn interest?” etc.
- When closing the transaction, remember to “thank them for their business.”
- Account & rate inquiries on the telephone – attempt to get name and phone number for future contact – follow up. Handle paperwork in a timely manner.
- Answer telephone by 2nd ring.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401k/Profit Sharing Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Tele Health
- Incentive paid for working Saturday's
NVB is an EOE of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To send your resume and apply for the Universal Banker position please click the APPLY!
Qualified candidates may also obtain an application at www.nvb.com under careers.