NODAWAY VALLEY BANK
SAINT JOSEPH,MO LOCATION
Starting pay $17.00 per hour
BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To accurately and efficiently resolve any exceptions relating to deposit processing in the Bank and to perform a large variety of backroom functions which support the ongoing efficiency of the bank’s overall operations resulting in the highest possible level of accuracy which results in exceptional service to our entire customer base. Represents the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands business relationships and enhances the Bank’s image contributing to its growth. Provides excellent customer service in all customer and intra-bank transactions.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Represent the Bank to the customer in a courteous and professional manner, and provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the performance of daily tasks.
- ATM/Debit card balancing and handling of EFT and POS/ACH disputes.
- Handles all garnishments and levies.
- Savings Bond redemption processes for entire Bank including tax reporting/addenda and monthly balancing.
- Handles all returned mail and process all change of address.
- Handles all foreign check collection and reconciliation.
- Audits all file maintenance to deposit accounts performed bank wide
- Processes all return items from Fed/notifies customers and branch personnel as the situation warrants.
- Scans and indexes signature cards for branches 1 thru 12.
- Handles in depth research requests from customers and for legal purposes.
- Processes ACH returns as needed
- Checks all Stop Pay suspects daily and handles appropriate returns.
- Review and resolve all DDA and Savings non-post items and contact customers as needed. Includes review of transactions on inactive or dormant accounts.
- Process necessary file maintenance upon notice of customer deaths.
- Performs other duties as requested by department supervisor or operations manager.
- Process accounts opened from Online Account Opening.
- Process transactions in external Transfer, Zelle reconciliation and settlement. Zelle disputes
- Bill Pay report management.
OPERATIONS, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Performs all operations department functions described above.
- Completes all necessary entries to ensure accurate processing of transactions or resolution of exceptions.
- Is fully knowledgeable of and complies with all bank policies and procedures.
- Responds to all customer and intra-bank inquiries promptly.
- Attends any required onsite operational or compliance training, or completes E-training courses as required.
- Garnishments and levies
- EFT and ACH disputes.
- Reconciliation of GL clearing accounts for cash items, fed returns and EIM process
- Handle in depth research requests for customers and for legal purposes
- Various ACH functions
- Numerous other duties as required or requested.
- Work diligently to meet EIM 11:00 deadline daily.
- Maintain high level of courtesy and consideration while interacting with Bank personnel and customers.
- Answer telephone by the 2nd ring, with a smile.
- Actively seek to assist other department personnel in completion of tasks.
- Be capable of fully backing up two other deposit operations specialists.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401k/Profit Sharing Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Tele Health
- Incentive paid for working Saturday’s.
NVB is an EOE of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To send your resume and apply for the Loan Operations position please click the APPLY!
Qualified candidates may also obtain an application at www.nvb.com under careers.