Website Content Manager
Office Title: Website Content Manager
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Civil Service Title/Level: CFB Analyst II
Department: Marketing & Digital Communications
Number of Positions: 1
Position Status: FULL-TIME
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000
Job ID #: 529659
Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Click on the link to learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The New York City campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections. We are dedicated to making our local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the information and resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and reduce the corrupting influence of money in politics by enhancing the impact of New Yorkers’ small-dollar contributions. You would be working with a staff and leadership that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement for the staff and the public. We provide flexible work hours and environment.
ABOUT THE UNIT/DIVISION
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, digitally savvy, and creative problem-solver with a positive, can-do attitude, who takes pride in executing a quality product on deadline and has a passion for delivering a great website experience for our users: New York City voters, candidates, press, and other stakeholders. This role will support the Public Affairs division in achieving its strategic goal to make elections information accessible and relevant.
- Create/edit templates and update content for website, email, and other digital channels using Umbraco and other content and customer relationship management systems.
- Utilize HTML and CSS for web page design and content creation.
- Handle website Help Desk requests (enhancements or technical support), coordinating with the Technology team as needed on advanced requests or problems.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand and document website functional and technical requirements and coordinate with the Technology team to execute.
- Contribute ideas and feedback on current and future website content.
- Serve as the internal subject matter expert for all website content and related processes, suggesting ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Collaborate with Language Access Team to integrate website translations and related localization software, ensuring website content is available in all required languages.
- Facilitate accessibility reviews and related updates in partnership with developers and experts, including the Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities.
- Document and train colleagues on content entry procedures and best practices, enabling team members to assist with content entry, especially during high-volume periods.
- Identify and correct website problems as they are found; refer deeper technical problems to the Associate Director and Technology team and collaborate in identifying and implementing solutions.
- Expertise working with content management systems; expertise in Umbraco a plus.
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, and modern website content coding standards and best practices.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Willingness to take active ownership of and accountability for website content maintenance, meticulous attention to detail.
- Understanding of and experience with UX and mobile-first design principles.
- Experience creating and updating email templates using HTML and CSS.
- Basic photo and graphics editing skills (sizing, resolution, file format), including experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Basic knowledge of SEO principles and best practices.
- Experience utilizing Google Analytics or other analytics tools to evaluate traffic and recommend improvements to content or site architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or the equivalent combination of experience and certifications.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a website using Content Management Systems, with hands-on responsibility for creating, editing, posting, and updating content (text and graphics).
- Experience collaborating and communicating with design and engineering teams or vendors.
- Ability to write HTML and CSS that it is valid, properly structured, compatible with a variety of browsers/devices, and meets industry standards.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing and managing requests and workload to deliver high-quality projects on time
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH NYC JOBS/EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE (ESS) WEBSITE
- Please select the following link to apply directly to this vacancy: WEBSITE CONTENT MANAGER
- Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website at https://www.nyccfb.info/ to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.