MaintenanceNeosho County Community College
Maintenance - Ottawa
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Classification: Full-time, 12-month
Employee Pay Status: Hourly, Non-exempt, Level III Fringe Benefits per Board Policy
Starting Salary Range: $11.00 - $11.50
Purpose of position:
This position performs a variety of maintenance and custodial-related functions for the college and reports to the Director of Facilities under his direct supervision.
1. Provide premiere quality service to all constituencies of the College.
2. Engage in continuous quality improvement and professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Clean and maintain building as assigned using approved supplies and methods as defined by the Director of Facilities;
2. Pick up trash around building when time permits, secure building and work at functions that require the use of the college facility at special times;
3. Perform building repairs;
4. Troubleshoot and repair light plumbing problems and do light electrical work;
5. Perform light carpentry work and painting;
6. Work special assignments during the summer, depending on remodeling and annual maintenance projects;
7. Assist with the maintenance of college vehicles and maintain appropriate vehicle records;
8. Work at a professional pace and stay on course to get work schedule complete every day;
9. Assist and support other maintenance and custodial staff when needed; and
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the assistant maintenance supervisor dean.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees;
2. Ability to project a positive and professional image to students, employees, and the public;
3. Ability to appropriately exercise independent initiative and judgment; and
4. Ability to learn and implement new procedures.
Education and Experience
1. HS diploma or GED required, Associates preferred;
2. One-two years of work experience required, preferably in area of responsibilities of position; and
3. Previous maintenance and/or custodial experience is preferred.
1. Must have valid driver's license;
2. Ability to stand, bend at the waist and stoop or squat while working on a regular daily basis is required;
3. Ability to work off of a ladder or an elevated surface for lengthy periods of time.
4. Ability to reach and work overhead on an occasional basis is required;
5. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds from the floor to waist height is required;
6. Outside work will be required as necessary;
7. Evening and/or weekend work may be required; and
8. Some overtime may be required, as well as some flexibility in occasional early or late hours.
NCCC is an EOE/AA employer