Building Maintenance Technician III
Building Maintenance Technician III - $2,000 Sign On Bonus
At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we’ve been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today’s Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreams and a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
This position is eligible for a $2,000 sign on bonus
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
Do you enjoy maintaining buildings, grounds and equipment to keep the business operating efficiently? NFM's Building Maintenance Tech III is the position for you. Our facilities team has a variety of schedules to ensure we exceed the needs of our customers. This position has a steady schedule and it is rare our staff is called in outside their scheduled work hours. Our world class facility offers multiple opportunities for you to put your skills to work. Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love - because that's what we love.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Perform: Complex building repairs on many areas of the building
- Be Precise: Assist with construction projects and execution of project tasks
- Collaborate: Effectively complete work orders, update work order systems and communicate with others
- Support: Maintain safety standards and training classes
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Relevant coursework or experience in building systems including HVAC and/or plumbing
- 3 years of building maintenance experience required
- Basic carpentry, painting, and electrical knowledge required
- Ability to operate basic warehouse equipment
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to lift, push, pull required weights per established requirements for the department, as well as be on your feet and walking majority of the day
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Same day pay - access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
- Competitive pay - generous annual increases up to 7%
- Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
- Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- You’ll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM’s 401(k) and you’re eligible for company match after one year. NFM’s 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply for this position please click the APPLY!