MIAMI COUNTY KANSAS
Law Enforcement: Deputy Jailer
Miami County Kansas Government, Paola KS
Miami County Kansas is now taking applications for the Deputy Jailer position in our state-of-the art detention center. Paola Kansas is the county seat and is located less than an hour’s drive from downtown Kansas City.
The Deputy Jailer is responsible for the care of inmates housed in the county jail. Ensure that inmates are maintained in a humane manner and granted constitutional rights.
- Records all activity associated with inmates.
- Provide emergency first-aid and CPR.
- Booking of inmates into the facility. Ensuring that all legal paperwork and all necessary documents are obtained for booking.
- Processing fingerprinting, pictures, DNA, and court bonds.
- Processing inmates in/out.
- Conduct hourly checks of inmates.
Position Requirements: Non-CDL
- Must be 18 years of age
- No felony criminal record or domestic violence record
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver’s license required
Hiring Range: $17.55 - $19.15 DOQ
- 3% pay increase at 6-months with successful completion of introductory period
- 12-hour shifts (3-day weekend every other weekend
- Shift differential pay
- Opportunities for overtime
- On-site gym facility
- Deputy Jailer Career Ladder
- Promotional Opportunities
- Paid Choice Training Opportunities
Deputy Jailer Career Ladder
- $500 bonus at 6-months with successful completion of introductory period
- $500 bonus at 12-months with successful completion of 12-month evaluation
- Promotion to Deputy Jailer Advanced: serve one year as Deputy Jailer, successfully complete NSA test, $500 bonus plus 3% pay increase
- Promotion to Master Deputy Jailer: serve one year as Deputy Jailer Advanced, successfully complete NSA test, $500 bonus plus 5% pay increase
MIAMI COUNTY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS TO OUR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES:
100% paid medical insurance for HDHP single coverage,
80% county-paid premium for PPO and family coverage on all plans
Health Savings Account:
County Annual Contribution: $2,535.84 single, $4,433.28 family
County paid $30,000 life insurance for employee
11 paid holidays per year
Vacation: 96 hours per year
Sick leave: 96 hours per year
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
As part of the overall Equal Employment Opportunity Program, the Miami County Board
of Commissioners declares and affirms a policy to govern equal employment opportunities
within the county service. Miami County will undertake efforts to recruit minority group
members and women in all job categories in which they are found to have been underutilized.
Veterans Preference Eligible (VPE):
Former military personnel or their spouse verified as a “veteran” under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum requirements of the position. The veterans’ preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best-qualified candidate as determined by the hiring manager.
For more details on this position, other law enforcement openings, please click the APPLY!