Financial Planning Manager
Financial Planning Manager
Faculty Practice Plan (Upstate University Medical Associates at Syracuse – UUMAS)
Upstate Medical University (UMU)
UUMAS serves as the coordinating and governance organization of the faculty practice plan at UMU, the academic medical center serving Central NY. This position will be part of the UUMAS leadership team, reporting to the Principal Financial Officer (PFO) to assure the organization, management and execution of all financial matters within the practice plan central office. Responsibilities include knowledge and competence in using our Lawson G/L system. The incumbent will also work closely with UUMAS Administrative Director and College of Medicine Chief of Staff, Dean’s Office in performing departmental financial analyses as assigned, and in providing support and recommendations regarding the Lawson G/L system. The faculty practice plan is made up of clinical department based Medical Service Groups (MSGs) with UUMAS as the umbrella organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, prepare and monitor UUMAS budget and program sub budgets.
- Supervise all accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc. This includes A/R invoicing across MSGs and/or hospital after allocation of centralized expense as well as coding of A/P invoices.
- Manage month-end close including production, development and analysis of financial statements.
- Develop and disseminate new or revised cost allocation methodologies.
- Oversee contracts between UUMAS and UH, including contract review and financial processes of invoice administration, payment tracking and reconciliation with appropriate accounting, and personnel documentation in required HR systems.
- Manage and develop as necessary financial reporting for and administration of Township 5 building, practices and Family Medicine practice in conjunction with Quality Program and Practice Managers.
- Participate with and manage as necessary external auditors in required annual audit and in continuing development and improvement of good business practices for UUMAS and the MSGs.
- Support build and maintenance of Epic facility structure including new department development in conjunction with IMT.
- Develop, supervise and execute efficient financial policies and systems to support UUMAS and the faculty practice plan.
- Create and evaluate business plans as well as participate in project development and execution.
- Develop, and/or monitor and report on key performance metrics.
- Manage vendor relationships, both internal and external.
- Develop and maintain Lawson expertise for both central office (check runs, month-end close and reporting) use as well as for backup within Deans Office (operational DBA role) as may be needed
- Develop financial reviews of MSGs as requested by Deans Office and UUMAS leadership.
- Assist with UUMAS insurance administration including D&O, E&O, general liability, Workers Comp and Disability, and Medical Malpractice as may be needed.
- Supervise UUMAS Financial Analyst
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Math or related field required. Master’s degree and/or certification such as CPA preferred. At least 6 years of experience in business and/or relevant health care administration. Experience must include finance/accounting. Academic medical center experience highly valued and experience with medical reimbursement and insurance a plus.
Please apply online for position #71154 at www.upstate.edu/hr/jobs MedBest is affiliated with and supports the mission of Upstate University Health System. EOE