Social Media and Specialty Publications EditorMcClatchy
The Social Media and Specialty Publications Editor is responsible for coordinating the content for our specialty publications (Spaces KC Magazine, KC Weddings Magazine, InkKC) and aggregating content to their websites and social media channels.
This position will work closely with our Specialty Publications team to develop content for niche publications. This individual should have a passion for what is trending in Kansas City.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Member of a magazine content team that will collaborate on ideas, direction and content for all of the magazine publications (Ink, Spaces KC & KC Weddings).
- Work with the magazine content team to determine the content for each publication.
- Manage social media and branded content for magazine platforms (KC Weddings, Spaces KC & InkKC).
- Experience working with social media platforms. Experience writing posts and scheduling posts that will grow our audience.
- Understanding of how SEO works and how to write headlines that will improve our online visibility.
- Work with Advertising Photographer to schedule photo shoots. Provide or assign with art direction.
- Develop a pool of freelance writers who have an expertise on regular magazine features.
- Responsible for getting content to freelancer or Custom Pubs.
- Responsible for learning how to navigate our content management tools (CCI & Escenic).
- Meeting deadlines set by the magazine content team to ensure enough time for writing, editing, design and printing/production.
Will supervise the work of one intern
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
High Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Very High Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Indesign and Photoshop.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Managing People - Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.