Programmatic Media BuyerMcClatchy
Are you an effective Programmatic Media Buyer?
We have a great opportunity for an effective Programmatic Media Buyer at excelerate Digital, McClatchy's national digital marketing agency.
This position will be onsite at our Fort Worth or Kansas City office.
The Programmatic Media Buyer plans, builds and optimizes programmatic display campaigns for B2B and B2C clients. They are ultimately responsible for the success of their campaigns and work with our internal teams and external partners to make it happen. We are looking for someone who can maintain a laser-like focus on setting and achieving high-level KPIs while still possessing a detailed and analytic mindset to provide unique and compelling insights.
- Leads the implementation process for new programmatic and direct display campaigns, primarily for tier 1/2 clients while supporting tier 3/4 clients as needed;
- As lead on the implementation process, perform the following tasks: outlining the strategy and key objectives, implementing conversion and tracking tags that line up with key objectives, collaborating with the creative to tell the advertiser’s story with impactful creatives, utilizing our platforms to traffic ads, communicating with vendors, and making sure we’re setup to report on the right metrics to the right people;
- Manage the overall success of their campaigns by critically analyzing the tactics mix, shifting budget to better performing line items, and recommending upsells when appropriate. Provide ongoing optimization throughout the duration of the campaign;
- Ensure quality control of campaigns, implementing and adhering to a rigorous QA process;
- Routinely creates campaign performance reports communicating the highlights to the media strategist or the sales field.
- At least 1 to 3 years of digital agency experience creating and executing on display campaigns
- Experience in e-commerce display campaigns, utilizing Google Merchant Center or other e-commerce platforms
- Demonstrated history of optimizing campaigns to KPIs such as ROAS and CPA
- Proficient with DSPs (Bid Manager, Atlas), DMPs (Lotame, Krux), Ad Servers (DCM, Sizmek), Web Analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture), Tag Management Systems (Google Tag Manager, Ensighten)
- Proficient with publisher-direct trafficking, including experience with DoubleClick For Publishers (DFP)
- Knowledge of remarketing and advanced targeting tactics, including dynamic creative, CRM, site retargeting, search retargeting, keyword contextual, affinity, look-a-like
- Knowledgeable and experienced in other forms of digital advertising, including SEM, social, native, mobile, email, SEO, website design, reputation
- Knowledge of advertising intelligence platforms such as MOAT, Kantar, MediaRadar, SpyFu, Ghostery and Builtwith
- Advanced Excel Preferred (pivot tables, vlookups, index/match)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS and/or SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- DoubleClick Campaign Manager;
- DoubleClick Bid Manager or other DSPs;
- DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP)
- AdWords Certified with Display specialty;
- Google Analytics