HR Generalist - Central RegionMcClatchy
McClatchy, a national leader in digital media, is growing rapidly in the digital space and delivering award-winning journalism in innovative ways. We are experiencing the most transformative period in our history.
Come Join McClatchy – a place where you have a voice and the ability to impact our future!
The HR Generalist - Central Region administers human resources related policies and procedures on a professional level and works closely with the Regional Director of Human Resources on designated human resource functions.
The schedule for this position is: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
How you will make an impact:
- For the Kansas City Star you will be the initial HR contact for employees, handle employee requests or ensure that the requests are routed to the appropriate HR team member, recruitment activities, HRIS input and employment law compliance.
- You will conduct new hire orientations and process on-boarding for new hires in the Central Region.
- You will coordinate employee events, services and employee programs.
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum of 1 year recruitment experience or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PPT).
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resources Management
- Bilingual English/Spanish