Design & Construction SpecialistLee's Summit R-7 School District
Lee's Summit R-7 School District
Design & Construction Specialist Job ID: 3809
Position Type: Maintenance and Operations
Date Posted: 8/22/2019
Location: Maintenance and Operations
Closing Date: Until Filled
The job of Design & Construction Specialist was established for the purpose/s of providing building design and construction coordination services with specific responsibility by coordinating and guiding assigned consultants and contractors; managing District capital assets through defined procedures: ensuring completion of projects in accordance with District standards; and supporting District students and staff in their learning and working environments.
This job reports to Director of Facilities.
For more information and TO APPLY please visit LSR7.ORG, Careers.
- Confers with immediate supervisor and assists with the coordination of design and construction activities (eg: design meetings, project bidding, construction progress meetings, site visits, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the proper and efficient project implementation for District buildings, facilities and grounds.
- Coordinates with administration, consultants and contractors for the purpose of completing projects efficiently and effectively.
- Coordinates with local, regional and state agencies having jurisdiction over any aspects of District projects.
- Maintains and implements a comprehensive capital improvements program for facilities throughout the District for the purpose of ensuring that physical learning environments support curriculum and instruction.
- Maintains and implements a comprehensive capital improvements program for facilities throughout the District for the purpose of planning for budgeted replacement and ensuring that appropriate life cycle of building components and systems meets fiscal expectations.
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in building systems for the purpose of identifying material and/or systems repair and replacement needs.
- Estimates materials and/or equipment needed to complete work projects for the purpose of ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Implements assigned programs and/or projects (e.g. roofing, paving, flooring, non-allocate capital and bond projects) for the purpose of conforming to established guidelines.
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of projects for the purpose of providing information for decisions making, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
- Monitors contract work for the purpose of ensuring contract terms are fulfilled and work standards are met.
- Inspects completed work for the purpose of ensuring contract compliance and quality of work standards are met.
- Maintains a variety of files and records (e.g. project records, capital planning documentation, time sheets, inventory, work orders, etc.) for the purpose of providing an up to date reference and audit trail.
- Monitors fund balances of assigned programs and related financial activity for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, related revenues are generated, expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- Oversees assigned consultants and contractors and the day to day activities and operations for the purpose of ensuring that projects are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner and not adversely interfering with operations of the District.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares reports and written materials related to assigned activities and personnel (e.g. RFP and bid documentation, project reports, Board of Education submittals, specifications, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Procures equipment and materials for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items in order to support the District’s capital needs.
- Recommends plans, policies, procedures and/or specific actions for the purpose of addressing department goals, objectives and work- related needs.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.