|Auto req ID
||Academic Success Coach (Online Programs: PMGT and ABS)
|No. of Positions
||U-Unclassified Professional Staff
||9 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday. Campus operating hours are 9am – 7pm Mon-Thurs and 8am – 9am on Fridays. The work schedule for this position will coincide with student needs and traffic at the KU Edwards Campus, including working some evening/weekend hours.
|Conditions of Employment
|Limited Term End Date
||The Academic Success Coach for the KU Edwards Campus (KUEC) provides complex and comprehensive student support and guidance throughout the information-gathering, application, enrollment, and program completion milestones of the student’s academic program. The Academic Success Coach serves as the primary point of contact and support for a diverse group of prospective and current students, including but not limited to working adults, community college students, and high school students. This position reports to the Student Success Manager at KU Edwards campus with strong ties to the appropriate academic department(s). This position will work closely with KU Edwards Student Services, Marketing and External Relations to provide service to students while working to meet the expectations of effective student coaching for retention and completion. This is a limited term position lasting through May 30, 2018.
The KU Edwards Campus is located in Overland Park, Kansas. http://edwardscampus.ku.edu/
||45% - Prospective Student Coaching
Prospective Student Coaching reflects the dynamic communication, outreach, and strategic support this position will provide to new program inquiries seeking career, academic program, and admissions guidance and information.
45% - Retention Coaching
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of academic program outcomes, and use new student conversations to ensure appropriate student-to-program matches or make appropriate program referrals.
- Work one-on-one with prospective graduate, transfer, and readmit students on admission processes, enrollment steps, and degree planning while students prepare for admission to KU.
- Provide unofficial transcript evaluation and coaching to guide students with enrollment planning prior to attending KU as well as dual-enrollment planning when applicable. Works collaboratively with KU admissions and Graduate Studies on admission and transfer credit processes.
- Manage student records on KU student information systems and database/CRM systems.
- Develop and maintain a strategic inquiry conversion and admitted student communication plan for academic program(s) driven by department strategic enrollment goals with support from KU Edwards Public Relations and Marketing and in consultation with the academic unit.
- Execute a variety of inquiry-to-applicant conversion and strategic outreach events, including information sessions, community presentations, classroom visits, and industry events in the KC metro area with support from the KU Edwards Recruitment team as part of the strategic enrollment plan for the program.
- Participate in KU Edwards New Student Orientation and other pre-/post-orientation efforts.
- Represent program interests in Greater Kansas City-area workforce and educational access initiatives upon request.
Retention Coaching reflects the long-term commitment this position has to provide continuous support to students to reach progressive milestones for personal and academic success through the point of completion.
10% - Program and Campus Support
- Provide comprehensive and seamless success coaching for current students in the online program program with support from the School of Engineering, the Department of Applied Behavioral Sciences, and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Guide student progress through academic milestones, including enrollment, career exploration and graduation.
- Facilitate student enrollment and approval processes including those for KU, the appropriate school, and KUEC including items such as petitions, enrollment changes, appeals, and applications for graduation in compliance with appropriate deadlines and approval channels; manage student records in KU student information and tracking systems; provide appropriate referrals to University offices and Student Services at KU Edwards.
- Adhere to KU Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid and Payment policies.
- Regularly meet with the Academic Program Director regarding advising and program content.
- Coordinate program-specific learning opportunities relevant to the program’s student population that meet the KUEC Student Hallmarks.
- Provide program director with analysis on student progress, enrollment, and graduation as well as class scheduling dynamics. Assist program director in preparation for annual review.
- Provide degree-specific context and guidance to program leadership for communication, collaboration, and strategic planning.
- Attend relevant program/academic unit meetings at KUEC or KU Lawrence.
- Participate in KUEC department and campus meetings and trainings.
- Represent graduate and online advising and the KU Edwards Campus on KUEC and University related committees related to the retention and graduation of a KU graduate student.
- Participate relevant professional development annually.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree with three years’ related experience in academic advising, coaching, admissions or student success in an institution of higher education
- Demonstrated skills in inter-institutional collaborative projects or relationship development.
- Previous student admissions or recruitment experience at an institution of higher education.
- Effective written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Student Personnel, Counseling, Advising or a related area of student development.
- Demonstrated experience working with adult and/or transfer students, online students and diverse student populations in a higher education setting.
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft student information systems and CRM systems.
- Demonstrated work experience with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Demonstrated experience with transcript evaluation, student application process coaching, or online student coaching.
|Additional Candidate Instruction
||A complete application consists of:
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
First review of applications is October 9, 2017 and will continue until a qualified group is assembled.
|Contact Information to Applicants
||Misty Chandler, Program Director, email@example.com
|Advertised Salary Range
||$48,000 - $52,000
|Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA
@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY