Work as part of a team to support the mission of the Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) and the State of Kansas Data Access & Support Center (DASC). The Application Developer works collaboratively to develop, implement, and maintain data-driven applications. An ideal candidate for this position is a team player that is organized, resourceful, and self-motivated. Telecommuting or hybrid work arrangement may be considered for the ideal candidate.
KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation earned per year, 96 hours of sick leave earned per year, nine paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical & dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options, and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational and professional development opportunities. KGS at KU is a great place to work! The University actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
For more information about the KGS, visit our website: http://www.kgs.ku.edu.
- (40%) Work collaboratively to design information systems and applications in support of KGS and DASC-related applications.
- (40%) Develop, implement, and maintain data-driven web applications and automated procedures in support of state agencies.
- (10%) Support outreach efforts by attending meetings, conferences, giving presentations as necessary. Provide end-user support.
- (5%) Participate in system design, technical architecture development, and maintenance of technical platforms and applications.
- (5%) Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School/GED and 5 years related professional experience OR Associates Degree and 3 years related professional experience, OR Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years related professional experience.
- Professional experience in data-driven application development.
- Professional experience with SQL databases.
- Professional experience working in a collaborative application development environment.
- Strong communication skills. Written skills will be evaluated by quality of application materials and/or published materials. Oral communication skills will be assessed by the interview and through reference checks.
- 5 years professional experience leading a front-end development effort.
- Professional experience with an object-oriented programming language.
- Professional experience with batch-processing scripts using shell scripts, Python, or similar scripting languages.
- Professional experience with responsive web design.
- Experience working with version control software.
- Experience working with web-based mapping applications.
Additional Candidate Instruction
Complete the University of Kansas Unclassified Professional Staff profile and upload the required material:
- Cover letter specifically addressing each required and preferred qualification and each position requirement.
- Contact information for two or more work references. Provide relationship to the references.
- Application review begins January 3, 2022 and will continue until a qualified pool of applicants is received.
KU is an EO/AAE, http://policy.ku.edu/IOA/nondiscrimination
To apply for this position please click the Apply!