Air Conditioning Equipment Mechanic
The Kansas City VA Medical Center is seeking four highly qualified Air Conditioning Equipment Mechanics for the Facilities Management Service. In accordance with 40 CFR Part 82, Subpart F, EPA approved universal certificate is required. Employees working in this type of position must have and maintain proper EPA Certification.
The incumbent performs maintenance, makes repairs, and installs refrigeration, air conditioning, and control equipment that includes but is not limited to air handler units, exhaust fans, cooling towers, condensation return systems, steam for heat and humidity associated with conditioning of the air, pumps, fan coil units, induction units, air compressors, air dryers, and heat recovery systems.
Specific duties of the position include, but are not limited to the following;
- Use technical materials, blueprints, and manufacturer specifications to perform tasks
- Determine the necessary supplies to complete a job
- Use refrigerant recovery and evacuation systems
- Perform maintenance on a variety of climate control systems at a journeyman level
- Recognize and use tools of the trade to accomplish work