Database Administrator IIIKansas City Power & Light
Database Administrator III
KCP&L, a wholly owned subsidiary of Great Plains Energy Incorporated, is a leading regulated provider of energy-related products and services for homes, businesses, industries, and municipalities in the Kansas City metropolitan area and surrounding region.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: Mid $70s to Low $100s
Location: Kansas City, MO
Open until filled
Education & Experience
Typically has one of the following:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or other related field and 4 years of database administration experience required.
• 6 years of database administration experience required.
Special Background, Experience
• 4 to 5 years’ experience of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) on Linux environment
• Excellent skills in problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, performance monitoring and tuning
• Strong knowledge of Oracle Data Guard and Recovery Manager (RMAN)
• Strong knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) – 12C or 13C
In addition to the required skills:
• A minimum of 5 years DBA experience in administering and managing large databases in complex enterprise environments is preferable.
• Oracle GoldenGate experience is preferable.
• Exadata is preferable.
• Understands and considers standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to database development and administration.
• Working knowledge of multiple database applications, programming languages and/or system environments.
• Working knowledge of business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and service level agreements.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
• Establishes cooperative relationships with departments.
• Effective project team member, at times assuming leadership role for the project.
• Searches for and identifies alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical problems.
• Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
• Exercises sound judgment when making decisions.
• Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing priorities.
Brief Description of Duties
• Collaborates across work groups within the division to identify and implement solutions.
• Interfaces with users to determine the need for, use of, and specifications of data requests from the system.
• Translates business needs into database applications and structures and within the context of long-term architecture solutions.
• Leads the design, development and implementation of dimensional databases.
• Provides database application support to end users. Guides the user through diagnostic and resolution procedures, using clear and concise directions.
• Uses knowledge and experience to resolve a variety of moderately complex to highly complex database application issues. Researches database application problems that cannot be resolved by routine procedures and escalates problems, when necessary. Recommends revised guidelines as indicated.
• Provides leadership to the Technical Services team, including:
• Identifies appropriate approaches to accomplish departmental goals.
• Monitors and evaluates database systems (including backup, recovery, security, etc) on a daily basis, assuring maximum performance.
• Makes recommendations to improve database systems.
• Develops and maintains database documentation.
• Trains new hires.
By submitting your application, you certify that all the information provided in this application is true to the best of your knowledge and belief and you understand that any material misrepresentation, omission, or falsification of any information provided on this application, or any other documents submitted to KCP&L in the application process, if discovered at any time during your employment, will be considered grounds for immediate discharge. Any information provided is subject to verification. KCP&L is authorized to verify any of the information you have provided, and you release from any and all liability all persons or companies that provide such information. You further understand and agree that your employment is "at will" and may be terminated at any time with or without cause at either your option or that of the Company.
How To Apply
NOTE: At this time applications are not being accepted via regular mail, fax, or e-mail. We are only accepting applications through this Website.
If you are interested in applying for a position with Kansas City Power & Light, a Great Plains Energy subsidiary, you must use this online application and submit your resume in the designated area.
We are an EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VET/DISABLED employer and are committed to workforce diversity.