CHEF - Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar in Kansas City, MO
Jax Fish House located in the West Plaza is looking for a Head Chef. We are in our sixth year in KC and our
26th year in business with five locations in Colorado. Jax has been designated one of the Top 20 Seafood
Restaurants in America by Travel & Leisure Magazine.
We were the first restaurant in both Colorado and Missouri to be granted the Monterey Bay Seafood Watch
accreditation for our sustainable seafood practices and sourcing. Jax is committed to serving the highest
quality and most sustainably sourced seafood to our guests.
What you can expect:
● Competitive salary based on experience.
● Bonus paid quarterly.
● Annual profit sharing.
● Medical, dental & vision insurance
● Life and AD&D Insurance
● Company Sponsored 401k
● Long term disability insurance
● BigRedF Restaurant dining allowance
● Research & development allowance
● Annual education budget
● This to be the best job you’ve ever had
What we expect:
● Chef reports directly to and collaborates with the General Manager and Director of Operations
● Knowledge and experience successfully commanding a busy kitchen.
● Seafood knowledge - handling and butchery. Strong oyster knowledge and experience.
● You know how to schedule, buy, staff, and financially manage a high volume restaurant. You can't fake
this and this is not an educational position. You need to know how to run a kitchen.
● Train, mentor, lead our kitchen - hire and fire and know how to do both extremely well.
● Be accountable, do what you say, get shit done.
● Manage your equipment. This is a small, clean kitchen. You need to have the skills to maintain that.
● Extreme passion for cooking and serving outstanding food every time without exception.
● Highly pro appearance, attitude, maturity. No baggage, this is a drama-free zone.
● Experience leading a professional kitchen.
● Minimum of three years experience in a chef position
● ServSafe Manager Certification (we’ll train you!)
● First Aid and CPR Certified (we’ll train you!)
● Ability to handle the requirements of a Chef's job which includes bending, reaching, standing for
long periods of time and carrying and lifting heavy and really hot shit.
● Must have the stamina to work at least 50 to 60 hours per week.
● Integrity, intelligence, honesty and a willingness to learn, dig in, and be world famous.
Your sexual, religious, and political preferences are of no concern to us. Your ability to do your job better than
anyone on the planet is what we are concerned with.
If you think Jax is the right fit for your culinary dreams, please submit a resume to email@example.com Also, please on your cover letter, describe in as much detail as needed, your single favorite and most memorable dining experience, and why it has that distinction in your mind.