Senior BuyerJackson County Missouri
- Responsible for the administration of purchasing contracts and all bids for open contracts in addition to maintaining contact with contracted or potential vendors.
- Advises and cooperates with County departments in the evaluation of products including delivery, prices and vendor reliability.
- Keeps current with new research, products and market changes which will affect procurement planning.
- Oversees the County's Surplus functions.
- Assists in the training of new buyers.
- Must have Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field, or one to three years experience in purchasing, bidding, bonding procedures and supervisory experience preferred.
- NIGP certification preferred.
- Must submit to/pass pre-employment drug screen/background check.
The employees of Jackson County fill a vast array of positions, but they are all part of 1 team sharing a common goal - serving the County's citizens. Jackson County is a wonderful place to work!
Get started on the path to a career with Jackson County right here!
Please note: Some positions listed here require testing. You will need to contact Human Resources at 816-881-3136 to arrange an appointment to take the necessary testing. Review the job postings closely to see if the positions that interest you requires testing.