COMBAT DirectorJackson County Missouri
Jackson County, Missouri (Kansas City). - Resp for the planning, operation, organizing and implementation of Jackson County’s anti-crime sales tax commonly called COMBAT. Oversight of COMBAT projects, programs & contracts and development of innovative approaches & expansion of resources.
- Responsible for the planning, operation, organizing and implementation of Jackson County’s anti-crime sales tax, commonly called COMBAT.
- Works directly with the COMBAT Commission, a nine-member body appointed by the County Executive to develop overall goals and approve funding recommendations for COMBAT programs to the Jackson County Legislature.
- The incumbent will also work with the Jackson County Legislature and Prosecutor.
- Offers leadership and direction to the COMBAT funded agencies and assure that each of these funded programs are operating at a high-level of performance; will facilitate the linkage of COMBAT programs to other similar agencies and programs for both programmatic and financial optimality; will be responsible for identifying innovative programs.
- Works with various community and citizens groups that through information and programming create safer Jackson County neighborhoods.
- Must be a proven leader in healthcare, substance abuse, legal, criminal justice or public administration.
- Must have the ultimate aim to reduce the harms associated with and brought about by violent crime and the use and abuse of illegal substances.
- Responsible for the preparation and implementation of a $10 million dollar budget; will be expected to expand the resources to include grants for the criminal justice, treatment and prevention aspects of the program.
- Must have a Master’s degree required with a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the areas of Public Health, substance abuse, prosecution, and/or other similar disciplines relevant to COMBAT, or the educational equivalent to experience, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Law Enforcement, Criminology or Public Health or related field, and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in supervision and administration.
- Must submit to/pass pre-employment drug screen test/background check.
Sal: $75k - 110/k + benefits. Apply at www.jacksongov.org/jobs EOE