Residential Youth WorkerJACKSON COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT
All applicants must complete an application to be considered - those submitting resumes only will not be considered.
Circuit Court Of Jackson County, Missouri
Posting No.: 136 (2017298)
|Position Title:||Control Room Clerk||Position No.:||9116|
|Department:||Residential Services - Detention- Control Room|
|Work Location:||625 E. 26th Street, Kansas City, MO|
|Work Hours:||6:00am- 2:00pm Tuesday thru Saturday|
|Salary:||County Paid Position - Non-exempt Grade C 4 - $12.90 Hourly|
Salary Range For Internal/Rehire Applicants: $12.90 - $18.09 Hourly
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW (The internal application for promotion/transfer may be obtained on
the HR ICON on Lotus Notes) Employment Specialist: Gail Cox. Applicants for clerical positions which require skill
testing must be tested for consideration. ALL CURRENT EMPLOYEES APPLYING FOR THESE POSITIONS MUST
SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION FORM TO HUMAN RESOURCES.
Applications must be received by Human Resources no later than 05:00 PM on 11/06/2017
POSITION PURPOSE AND EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- To maintain security of a juvenile detention facility by visual observation and physical control of entrances and exits in order to ensure the safety and security of residents and staff and to enter and retrieve computer data.
- Maintain security in detention by controlling access to doors, monitoring camera and intercom system, screening visitors and securing property.
- Control access in and out of Detention facility and carefully screen all people requesting access to Detention and log their visits.
- Operate and monitor cameras and intercom system for activity in and around the facility.
- Collect, log and securely store juvenile property
- Oversee and coordinate juvenile visitation procedures.
- Track court dockets and ensure juveniles are prepared to appear in court.
- Communicate with staff via telephone, intercom or two-way radios.
- Enter data into computer databases and perform inquiries in law enforcement database.
- Enter inquiries and data in large, law enforcement database system on a federal, state and local level.
- Enter and cancel juvenile arrest warrants, wanted records and information on youth detained and released.
- Conduct criminal record checks for various agencies and departments.
- Send, receive and respond to police teletypes and electronic messages.
- Enter juvenile information from intake to discharge.
- Process emergency ex-parte orders at the request of adult abuse shelters.
- Perform associated duties in providing for the safety and security of staff and juvenile residents.
- Act as a screening officer in their absence for new arrivals in Detention;
- Follow procedures for facility security procedures, such as key/tool/property control.
- Answer phone calls and provide information.
- Report needed device and equipment repairs and malfunctions for necessary repairs and replacements.
- Execute emergency management plans as necessary in the event of a disturbance, or other unforeseen incidents
- Perform related duties as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or recognized equivalent.
- Minimum one year experience in law enforcement, corrections or security related field.
- Some work experience involving personal computer, keyboard operation, basic computer procedures, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
- Good typing and/or alpha-numeric data entry skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide effective customer service.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to make sound decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public.
- Ability to understand and follow oral/written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to relate in a positive fashion to individuals from a variety of cultural, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- All applicants for this position are subject to testing for illegal drug use prior to appointment.
- Employees in this position are subject to random and reasonable suspicion testing for illegal drug use.
- Ability to pass a criminal history background investigation to qualify and maintain certification to access and operate local, state and national law enforcement computer system.
- Employees in this position are subject to same checks.
- Valid driver’s license from state of residence
- If driving non-court vehicle for court business, must have current auto liability insurance and properly licensed vehicle.
- Must be able to provide proof of the above.
THE COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER