Director of Support ServicesJACKSON COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT
All applicants must complete an application to be considered - those submitting resumes only will not be considered.
Circuit Court Of Jackson County, Missouri
Posting No.: 150 (2017329)
|Position Title:||Director of Support Services||Position No.:||9047|
|Department:||Support Services - Administration|
|Work Location:||625 E. 26th Street - Kansas City MO|
|Work Hours:||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Additional hours; Weekend/Evenings as required|
|Salary:||County Paid Position - Exempt Grade C 11 - $2356.80 Bi-weekly|
Salary Range For Internal/Rehire Applicants: $2356.8o - $3724.00 Bi-weekly
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW (The internal application for promotion/transfer may be obtained on the HR ICON on Lotus Notes) Employment Specialist: Gail Cox. Applicants for clerical positions which require skill testing must be tested for consideration. ALL CURRENT EMPLOYEES APPLYING FOR THESE POSITIONS MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION FORM TO HUMAN RESOURCES.
Applications must be received by Human Resources no later than 05:00 PM on 12/20/2017
POSITION PURPOSE AND EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Manage the efficient operation and development of facilities services, warehousing, security, food service, information, document and records management, and docketing functions of Family Court Services. Manage and ensure the development and operation of Support Services, including facilities services, warehouse, security, food service, information management, central information, and data service, docketing and records functions. Review and make recommendations and decisions on HR matters Provide assistance in the administration and technical direction in all facets of the operation of Support Services.
· Provide direction and guidance concerning the efficient operation of services and use of all resources.
· Provide training, supervision, and evaluation of managers/supervisors responsible for implementing support services.
· Assess training needs and requirements for development of staff.
· Plan long and short range goals.
· Assign, direct, and supervise the work of subordinate professional and administrative staff, both directly and indirectly.
· Review and approve all hiring actions and pay step increases within Support Services.
· Make recommendations to the Appointing Authority on disciplinary actions.
· Perform related work as required to include but not limited to serve on teams/committees as assigned, cross-train for other jobs as assigned, and work on special projects as assigned.
Manage and guide the development and execution of the annual budget for support services comprising 80+% of the non-personnel Family Court annual funds, including the general fund, the Facilities Supplemental Budget, and portions of the Health Fund Budget,
Develop Review and ananlyze operational reports.
· Ensure the appropriate funding level for all support activities for over 300 employees and ten facilities.
· Provide for necessary supplies, materials, and services for employees and resident youth.
· Approve, estimate, and budget for all routine maintenance, capital improvements, construction, and minor repair projects throughout Family Court Services.
· Review and analyze budget execution for all areas of Support Services to maintain effective levels of spending.
· Analyze utility costs and look for ways to save money on natural gas, electricity, and water usage.
· Review and analyze monthly vehicle mileage and maintenance reports to maintain effective preventive maintenance and replacement cycles of over 30 vehicles of various types.
- Attend and conduct meetings relevant to the operation of the service.
· Hold weekly and bi-weekly meetings with managers/supervisors to assess status of ongoing projects, assist in development of short and mid-range goals, and provide guidance
· Attend monthly Directors’ meetings; attend monthly meetings with Deputy Court Administrator to keep him/her appraised of departmental activities.
· Meet with contractors and vendors to discuss use of goods, services, or programs to meet the needs of the court.
- Direct the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures
.· Develop and maintain operational policies to clarify situations for employees and provide guidance and procedures.
.· Develop and maintain policies that assist customers in receiving the best possible support available.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, engineering, business, or a related field; formal training or education in supply, food service, and maintenance management.(Education above the minimum stated may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required general experience; experience above the minimum stated may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education.) Eight years’ work experience in supply, maintenance, food service, facilities maintenance, records management, and/or information technology, including at least five years in a high level management capacity.
- KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Knowledge, skills, and abilities required to function at an acceptable level in the position.
· Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, techniques, and objectives of modern facilities management, purchasing, warehousing, food services, and providing security.
· Thorough knowledge of modern accounting and budgeting practices and cost analysis.
· Knowledge of supervisory and management techniques.
· Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring.
· Ability to design, administer, and evaluate the various components of a centralized facilities management program.
· Ability to make sound decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, and Court policies and procedures.
· Ability to maintain varied and complex records and prepare reports from these records.
· Ability to analyze and organize facts and precedents and to prepare written recommendations.
· Ability to organize, direct, and coordinate administrative activities in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
· Ability to recognize, investigate, and analyze a variety of administrative problems and devise effective solutions.
· Ability to plan, schedule, assign, and supervise the work of subordinates engaged in varied activities.
· Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of demands on time.
· Ability to effectively train, supervise, motivate and objectively assess the performance potential of applicants and performance of employees.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to prepare clear, complete and logical reports and/or correspondence.
· Ability to apply specialized knowledge to individual cases and problems.
- Ability to make sound decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, and court policies and procedures. Abiility to work and relate in a positive fashion toward individuals from diverse backgrounds and maintain effective working relationships.
· Ability to operate a vehicle in a safe and prudent manner.
· Skill in the operation of standard office equipment, i.e. computer, telephone, copier/fax, printer, etc.
· Skilled in the operation of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Employees in this position are subject to reasonable suspicion testing for illegal drug use.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Transportation and ability to travel to job sites and other facilities.
- Must submit to and pass criminal background check as prescribed by Courts.
- Employees in this position are subject to reasonable suspicion testing for illegal drug used