Registered Nurse (ER)
Indian Health Service is hiring for an Emergency Room RN in Whiteriver, AZ.
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized in addition to salary.
If Eligible for Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement:
- Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to moving with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by IHS. Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to be covered.
- Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded immediately, candidates must work the full year.
Pay: $80,389 - $104,509 per year
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan Repayment Program.
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on duty
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance plan options
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave, accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after retirement at the same rate as if you were working
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be authorized in addition to salary
- Leads and provides triage based on established Emergency Care Standards utilizing the accepted Emergency Severity Index (ESI) system of acuity
- Performs specialized, professional nursing duties in the case of critically ill, severely injured and/or traumatized emergency patients. Assess, triages and administers medications utilized in the emergency room. Observes patients for adverse medication reactions and responds appropriately or notifies physician(s).
- Interprets data obtained from observation, examination and monitoring. Completes patient's charting thru electronic health records
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as cardiac monitors, volume respirators, EKG machines, gastric and thoracic suction, cardiac pace makers, hypothermia devices, defibrillators, etc.
- Provides supervision to the ambulance service.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have Registered Nurse (RN) license or certification
- Must be a US Citizen
- 1 or more years of ER experience
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
About Whiteriver, AZ
Of all the areas to visit, travelers would be hard pressed to find a region offering more—more natural beauty, more history and culture, more recreation, more adventure, more memories—than Arizona’s White Mountains. Whiteriver is located within 20 to 30 miles from the resort towns of Pinetop, Lakeside and Show Low. Ranging from mid-desert in the lower elevations to more than 11,000 feet in the mountains, this region offers a four-season climate. Take the family to a different campsite every weekend. Drive the twisting roads of the Salt River Canyon. Marvel at the Mogollon Rim, a vast geological fault. Cast your line in a lake that mirrors the pines. Golfing is primo throughout the region in the warmer months, and in the winter you can’t beat a quick trip to the Sunrise Ski Resort which is only 45 minutes from the hospital.